Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy 5th Anniversary to Us!



On Saturday, June 7th, Jarod and I celebrated our 5th Anniversary. My how time flies! I really can't believe how much has changed in our lives in the last 5 years. We had a lot of time to reflect on the last 5 years and a lot of time to talk about the next 5! God has been so good to us and blessed our lives in so many ways over the last few years. We are so thankful for so many things, especially our daughter Allie. What a true joy it is to watch her grow as a child of God.
My parents kept Allie over night and Jarod had our date all planned out (which he kept a secret until 2 days before we left). He made reservations at the Hilton in downtown Ft. Worth. This is the hotel where JFK last stayed before he died. In fact, we think we stayed in the room across from his suite. The picture below was on the wall across from our room. Jarod booked us on the executive floor, so we had a few added perks. It was so nice to get away and just spend time together. We had so much time to just talk and it was wonderful. We went and ate at a really nice restaurant that had great food and a great view of the city. We also got to eat outside on the rooftop. The picture of us above is at the restaurant. After dinner we walked around downtown and then later we went to Marble Slab. Yum-O! The biggest surprise of the night was my gift. I had no idea he was getting me anything b/c we had said that our date was part of our gift and we planned on getting a grill b/c I'm dying to have one. But, just before we went to dinner he surprised me with diamond solitaire earrings. They are just beautiful! It has been a wonderful 5 years together and I look forward to many more!
**I tried to find pictures of us from high school and from our wedding and couldn't come up with any! Oh well!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Awwwwwwww that is sooo sweet! Happy Anniversary. You guys are an awesome couple.

Hey also you've been tagged!!! See my blog for details.

mitzi said...

Congrats P & J! Glad you guys had a wonderful date night!

Amy said...

congratulations!

i was also looking at allie's first haircut pictures and noticed you took her to the same place we take cale - and she had the same stylist. cale has played with that farm animal puzzle many a time!

The Trost's said...

That is a great picture of the two of you! Congratulations and here's to many more to come.

Morgan Holt said...

Congrats! You both look great in the picture that was taken on your anniversary. I'm sure you had a blast being away from home for a night. Oh...and the Marble Slab...Yum! Here's to many more years!

Miranda said...

Congratulations! Jarod gets major points for planning the whole thing!

Amy Lauren said...

Congratulations! What a sweet anniversary, sounds like something in a movie, eating on the rooftop and all, very romantic!
I love the pictures of Allie's hair cut she is a doll!

powellsa74 said...

Can't go wrong with diamonds! All right!!! Happy Anniversary and I am
glad that you two enjoyed the weekend
together as a couple:)
Sarah