Tuesday, May 27, 2008

First Haircut and Watermelon

On Friday I took Allie to get her first haircut. It was probably way over due, but I was having a hard time coming to the realization that it was time. We didn't have something drastic done. We just had it "evened off" and hopefully it will help thicken it up. Bless her heart she was given hair like her mother. The above picture is the final outcome. She did so well. She never cried or whined or anything. She was pretty serious the entire time and was happy when it was over.



This was her look the entire time!

I love this picture. She looks like such a big girl getting her hair dried. Of course when I dry it with a brush it never stays that straight. It always flips out.

Now on to watermelon. Allie loves watermelon! We all went to the store yesterday and I picked up a watermelon for all of us to enjoy. When I started cutting it, Jarod brought Allie into the kitchen and started eating some of the slices. The pictures below show Allie eating her watermelon. Notice how wet her shirt is from the beginning and how wet her shirt is at the end.



6 comments:

Morgan Holt said...

Oooh...yummy Watermelon! Isn't it funny how little kids make things look so good?!? Her haircut is very cute by the way but yes, it does seem to make them more grown up. Looks like ya'll are enjoying the summer already!

JT said...

How fun! I love her hair cut! I had Hannah's cut and it just was amazing how I fight her every morning just to get a clip in it! The "hair lady" just pulls out the scissors and dryer and all is good. Oh my!

Her hair looks great! she looks so big to me here.

Morgan Holt said...

I definitely know how you feel about wanting to get out of the house for one night! Sometimes it's the small things that can make a mommy's day! :) Hope you can get out and celebrate your anniversary! I can't believe a bunch of us from college have been married that long....it goes by fast!

Holly said...

These pictures are so cute- McClain loves watermelon too. But he will only eat it if we give him a big slice and let him do it on his own. I guess it doesn't taste as good when I cut it off for him. Love the haircut too!

Jeff Hubbard said...

Hey guys!

I know it has been awhile but I found your blog from the Bland's page. You guys look great and your little girl is adorable. Hope things are going well.

Here is our website for Hannah:
http://picasaweb.google.com/crimsontide88

God Bless!

powellsa74 said...

They grow up too fast! I can't believe what a big girl she is. I bet you are glad that summer is here!!!
Sarah