Friday, July 3, 2009

Road Trip Part 1

A little over a week ago, my parents, Allie and I drove to Omaha, Nebraska. We left early on a Tuesday morning and made great time. It took us just under 12 hrs. to get there. Allie was a great traveler. That was her longest trip in the car and she was fantastic. She watched movies (thank you Kristen) and played with her toys. Of course she didn't fall asleep until the last 45 min. of the trip. For those of you who do not know, I grew up in Omaha. I lived there from the time I was 2 until I was 14. Going back brought back so many wonderful memories. It had been 8 years since I had been there. I loved taking Allie to see the house I grew up in and the school I went to. The only thing missing on this trip was Jarod. It was really hard being away from him for so long. While we were there we stayed with my parents best friends. On Wednesday, we met my brother and his family at the zoo in Omaha. If you ever make it to the midwest, make sure you check out the zoo in Omaha. It is fabulous! I wish that I could mix the San Diego zoo with the Omaha zoo. They are both wonderful and I love them for different reasons. Allie loved being with her cousins. It was so much fun having a vacation with my brother and his family.

The reason we were in Omaha was because my cousin Luke was getting married up in Rockford, Illinois so we all decided it would be fun to drive to Omaha first, spend a couple of days and then drive up to Rockford. Scott and Kelly got there before us and actually ended up leaving after we did b/c their car had broken down. What horrible timing for them. We headed up to Rockford on Thursday and I will post about that part of the trip later.

Annie just goes with the flow!

Sweet Cousins


This is a picture of us in the Rain Forest exhibit


The happy family: Scott, Karlie, Greer, Kelly and Annie

Allie loves Karlie so much and I was able to get several pictures of them together. So many good memories created on this trip!


My parents with their 4 grandchildren


This is a picture of Allie and I at a park in the neighborhood where I grew up. My elementary school is on the top of the hill.



1 comments:

Miranda said...

Wow...I thought my car trip was long! I'm glad it went so well!!