Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Road Trip Part 2: Rockford, Illinois

We had a great time in Rockford. It was so good to see my cousins and my aunt and uncle. The drive up there from Omaha was about 7 hrs. Much better than 12! Allie of course was great in the car. All of the pictures I took were at the wedding reception. The reception was at a country club right on a beautiful golf course. We were able to snap some good shots before the rain came in.
Luke and Jill's wedding and reception were both beautiful. Karlie and Greer were both in the wedding and did such a nice job standing on the stage. Allie loved seeing Jill look like a princess. She thinks everyone in a fancy white dress is a princess and she called Luke her prince. Allie could not wait until it was time to dance. She did not eat her dinner very well and I asked her why and she said because she was ready to dance! My kind of girl. It was hard trying to get her to understand why she couldn't dance on the first dances (Luke/Jill's, mother/son, dad/daughter). Once the fast music came on she was out there! We had a few minor meltdowns anytime she needed to leave the dance floor. I tried to get her dancing on video, but it was too dark in there to see anything. She literally danced until it was time to leave. I'm not sure how she managed to dance so long! She loved dancing with me, her cousins, my cousins and perfect strangers!
There was lots of fun had by all and I'm so glad we made the trip up there. On our way back we split the trip up. We stayed in Springfield, Missouri on Sunday night and then got back home by Monday late afternoon. I think we were in the car traveling around 33 hrs.!
(Sorry for all of the pictures. I tried to put them into a slide show and couldn't get it to work and I had a hard time choosing!)


Princess Jill and Prince Luke Tenery (welcome to the family Jill)

The Tenery family: Josh, Kaitlin, Aunt Allene, Jill, Luke, Uncle Dennis, Katie Tenery Lipscomb, and Justin


The Siblings: Josh, Luke and Katie



The other Tenery Family

Kelly and Scott (they will be married 10 yrs. on July 17th!)


Poppy and Mimi with their grand kids


Me with my cousin Katie







I just love this picture of Annie!


My sweet girl dancing!


This was after breakfast on Sunday. All of the kids were exhausted!


6 comments:

Newberry said...

What a beautiful picture of you and Allie!

Hattie said...

It looks like that was a beautiful wedding!

The Trost's said...

It sounds like you had a great time. I love, love, love the picture of you and Allie!

Lindy said...

i love the first pic of you and allie, it is beautiful! looks like you guys had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi From Ireland,
Just thought you might like to look at our national game!
The boys are in this (their local club) and winning all round!!

In the U10 Hurling team - Pearse is the Goalie in the all yellow jersey.
Declan is in the U13 East Cork Football photo. He is the second last in the back row to the right.
Hope you enjoy these.
Hurling is a really fast game with a hard ball called a sliothar, and a hurley.

Lorraine
http://www.castlelyonsgaa.com/gallery.php

Jarod said...

Thanks for the link Lorraine, I really appreciate it. Please tell the boys hello and congratulations for winning. I hope to see them when they are over in this area during the summer - and hope they haven't forgotten about me.