Monday, June 22, 2009

My Little Betty Crocker

I've been a little MIA with the blog world lately. For some reason I've had a hard time making my way to the computer. We've been pretty busy since I've been done with work. Too keep ourselves entertained, Allie and I have enjoyed baking! She really enjoys helping me in the kitchen. We have made muffins, cinnamon rolls, Jell-O, chocolate chip cookies and fruit pizza (thanks Kristen for the suggestion). One of her favorite things to do is help me use the mixer. She also enjoys filling the muffin pans. I think her favorite part about making chocolate chip cookies was the chocolate chips. She loved those but she isn't the biggest fan of the cookie. I think she was deprived too long on some of the good stuff with her food allergy. The fruit pizza was yummy and she loved putting the fruit on by herself. It's probably not the prettiest fruit pizza you've ever seen, but it sure was yummy. I love making sweet memories with my girl!


My fruit pizza isn't round, but still tastes the same.

Look at my masterpiece!

Mixing the dry ingredients for the chocolate chip cookies.


The chocolate chips are the best part!


We attempted to make Jello-O Jigglers with her alphabet cookie cutters. They did not turn out but she had fun anyway.


LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, START YOUR ENGINES!!!
Jarod and I got tickets to the Indy Car races at the beginning of June. I have never been to the car races before. Texas Motor Speedway is HUGE! I've driven by it a few times, but once you are inside you realize how big it really is. Jarod and I went with a co-worker of his and her husband. I'm really not into racing, but it was pretty cool. They are driving so fast. I've included a clip down below. It was a lot of fun for the first hour or so, then I was ready to leave. In the 2nd picture, if you click on it to enlarge it, you will see Shaq. He told everyone to start their engines. Pretty cool. (sorry this has nothing to do with the title of my post!)


Shaq is in the center of the stage



5 comments:

Lindsey Eason said...

Wow - your "lil Betty Crocker" looks so much older all of a sudden! Loved the pics of her cooking...too cute...but not a good thing for a pregnant woman to look at when she's hungry - I'm gonna' have to go find myself a snack now! :)

Lindy said...

wow! Allie looks like she has gotten so much older in just a few weeks! so glad you are making sweet memories with your baby girl, they grow up so fast :0)

Kim said...

How fun!

Hattie said...

I think the fruit pizza looks yummy!

powellsa74 said...

Fun times:)