We finally think we know what has caused me to feel badly the last couple of months! On Monday, I went to see a new GI doctor. The GI doctor(s) I saw in the hospital were not on my insurance plan and said that if I still felt the same that I needed to go back in. I should have gone in June, but I just couldn't make myself find a new doctor. I really thought I would feel better and everything would be just fine. I was pretty good for a week or so, but after we got back from our trip I have felt just awful!
When I talked to the doctor on Monday, I told him everything that went on while I was in the hospital. He said that it should not have taken me 2 days to "clean out" my system for a colonoscopy. When he mashed on my stomach I still had the same pain. He said that he needed to do an upper endoscopy to see what was going on in my stomach.
I went in for my endoscopy early yesterday morning. It was very quick. I think I was only asleep for 30 min. When we talked to the doctor he said I had some irritation in my stomach. He thinks that I had some kind of infection that attacked my body and it changed the bacteria in my body which was causing me to be bloated, feel nauseated, have constipation and upset stomach. This is also know as Gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining). We are so thankful that it wasn't anything serious and that we finally have some answers. He has put me on two different antibiotics. One stops that bacteria from spreading and the other helps change the bacteria back. We are keeping our fingers crossed that this works. I will go back in a few weeks for a follow up to see how I am feeling.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Mystery Solved
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Praise the Lord!!!!
Oh my goodness! I had the same exact thing when Emmersen was 15 months old. Dean had to take me to the ER one night because my stomach hurt so badly. After doing a blood test and an MRI, they saw that my stomach was really inflamed. They put me on prevacid to help with the acid that was making it hurt and put me on an antibiotic. I've never had problems with my stomach before but ever since them, I've had to be on an acid controller. They say that stress causes a lot of the inflammation and irritation in your stomach. Now when I get really stressed out, my stomach starts burning as it did before. After Clara was born, it got worse again and I went in for an endoscopy (as you did to make sure it wasn't an ulcer) and they saw that my stomach was just really red and inflammed. You will feel a WHOLE lot better after the antibiotics! :)
Yay! I'm so glad you guys have some answers. I hope you get to feeling better soon! Love and miss you guys!
So glad that you now know what was causing the pain AND that it is easily treatable!! I hope you never go through that again!
wonderful news. i hope this is the end of it!
Praying that this will fix you right up!!!
so thankful your mystery was solved! stomach issues are always the worst, especially when you don't know when they will flare up or what is causing them! hope your antibiotics work pronto!!!
Post a Comment