Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Meal


I decided that Allie and I needed a much deserved "girl time" tonight. I didn't get to spend a lot of time with her during Spring Break and she hasn't wanted much to do with me until a few days ago. With Jarod being out of town I thought it would be fun for us to go eat at McDonalds. I've never taken her there (we don't eat fast food often) and I thought it would be fun for her to have her first Happy Meal and then play.


There was lots of drama there tonight with kids crying and fighting. Allie and I got situated at our table in the play area. She was very excited about her food, the other children and of course the play area. She was so excited that after one nugget, some milk and a few apples she wanted nothing more to do with her food and was ready to play. From now on, I think I will eat outside of the play area then go play after she eats. She had a great time (not that she could do much) and I'm glad that we got to do that together even if she didn't want to eat with me.


Of course when we got home she said "Mommy, I want to eat, I want to eat". So I get her the rest of her dinner then it is time to head upstairs for her bath. I make sure that I have everything I need so I don't have to go back down the stairs (takes me way too long). She gets her bath, we get in her room and I realize that I forgot her cream for her eczema that I had just gotten at CVS downstairs. Ahhh! So I tell her that I'm going to close her door and that I will be right back. She understands but when I go to close her door she has this look on her face like "I'm sorry" and she pees on the floor. I had forgotten to take her to the potty after her bath. She refuses to go before her bath. So I grab an old burp rag and go to clean up, forgetting that I just had knee surgery 2 weeks ago, I squat down. Immediately I collapse to the floor, I have pain running up my knee and I almost have tears in my eyes. Sweet Allie comes over to me, bends down, puts her hand on my shoulder and says "Mommy, you okay?" "Yes, Allie, mommy is okay." Allie, "Mommy hurt knee?" "Yes Allie, mommy hurt her knee." Then she just leans over and kisses me. It just melted my heart. That was all the girl moment I needed!



5 comments:

Morgan Holt said...

Awww...don't you just love that?! Emmersen does that to me lots and it makes even the worst days so much better. Glad you got some "girl" time! Take care of that knee. :)

Holly said...

So sweet- McClain probably would have thought I was playing and would have laughed and fell down with me...boys for you. So glad you had a good night together anyways, though. Don't overdo it on that knee!

Varner said...

Lindsey,
If you read this post, I can't view your blog and I'm not sure how to be "invited". Please inivite me. I love reading about your sweet family.

Paige

Suzanne said...

oh my gosh! that is toooo cute! hey woman, email me if you could at suzsteece@hotmail.com!!

JT said...

Oh my! Sweet Allie girl! What a fabulous moment!