Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Little Diva

Well, obviously it has been a long time since I posted so I thought I'd share some recent pictures of Allie. She is really into dressing up these days. I don't think these are the cutest pictures of my child, but they are definitely some of the funniest! The tiara she has on is from a teacher I work with and I bought her the sunglasses at Valentines. I think the yellow visor came home with Jarod one day from something or another.




GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!


What a cutie!!!


Where is my boat?

I guess I will write a quick update on the happenings of the Varner family. February was a very busy month for us. We had lots of birthdays to celebrate and I feel like we've had something going on every weekend. This weekend I'm looking forward to staying home and Jarod and I will be cleaning and putting stuff away (notice I said Jarod and I; he's a fabulous help) before I have surgery next week. I can't believe I'm having surgery in 8 days. I've been working really hard the last month and my knee has gotten worse. Just another sign that I'm making the right decision with having surgery. Work is still as busy as ever and I'm getting ready for Open House at school next week. Needless to say next week will be my busiest ever. I have my pre-op on the same night as Open House and I have to get everything in order before I'm out.

Jarod has also been busy at work. A week ago we went to UNT and Allie got to see her first college basketball game. She enjoyed the cheerleaders and the band the most. He is up for a promotion, so cross your fingers that the board approves it. He does not think it will go in affect until October.

Allie will be 2 in April and I honestly can't believe how quickly time is passing by. She has changed so much in 2 years. Currently she is talking all of the time (full sentences), she is very observant of everything around her and has a great memory, she sings almost every song she has ever been taught (her current favorite being head, shoulders, knees and toes), she can sing the ABC's all the way through J and mumble to get to P, when she sees letters she knows they are letters and calls most of them A or B, she currently thinks that every car is either blue (my car) or red (Jarod's car), she still loves to dance and we have dance parties in the kitchen together, she enjoys reading, playing with her dolls and acting like a mommy (she will be a good big sister one day!), she can also have quite the attitude and be a little bossy (I wonder where she gets that from?). And even though she can be quite the prissy girl, she still loves playing with her cars and playing outside.

I hope everyone has a good week.

4 comments:

Miranda said...

I'm glad you updated! By the way...if Allie is missing a little black car and a cylinder-shaped block, they are at our house! I'll bring them to church on Sunday.

Kim said...

Sooo cute! Allie is such a sweet girl. We will be praying for you and your surgery. See ya Sunday!

Amy said...

hey paige! just found your blog. maybe its allie's love for cars and trucks that caused cale to fall in love with her :)

by the way, we have one of your "old school" little people!

JT said...

I love the pics of Allie! Definitely DIVA! Even though I see you on Wednesdays, I learn lots on the blog! I am glad your surgery went so well!