Friday, March 14, 2008

Surgery

Well, everything went as well as could be expected yesterday. We got up around 7:00 and I showered, cleaned that bathrooms, did some laundry and cleaned the kitchen. Jarod went to the store for a few things we needed to get us through the weekend. We planned to leave the house around 11 to take Allie to Carmen's. Unfortunately are plans changed b/c we had to take Allie to the doctor. She has been fighting a cold for almost 2 weeks and she kept messing with her left year. I was very worried that she had an ear infection and I knew it would complicate things more if we waited until after I had surgery. Our doctor's office was wonderful and worked us right in. They were running behind and I told them I had to be at the hospital by 12:30, so the doctor skipped other patients to come see us first. Allie ended up with an double ear infection. I sure am glad we went!

We got to the hospital by 12:15 and met my parents there and got the paperwork started. I was supposed to be taken back for surgery by 1:30, but it was about 20 min. later than that. I don't even remember being taken back. Gotta love drugs! I came out of surgery pretty well. I was really out of it and complained I couldn't breathe even though I could.

My parents went and got Allie. I have no idea what time we headed home. I was still pretty out of it and very nauseated. When I got home I used a crutch for support and Allie seemed a little confused as to what was going on. I fell asleep a lot on the couch and finally went to bed around 9. I was able to walk up the stairs which totally amazed me. I couldn't believe I didn't have to use crutches or scoot up the stairs. I woke up a few times a night to go the bathroom and Jarod was great to help get out of bed. I was still hooked up this nifty ice machine and in order to get up he had to unhook me.

I was still pretty sick this morning and my mom had to take me to the doctor by 8 so they could take the tube out of my knee. On the way there I got sick in the car. When we finally got there, I was able to walk on my own. The doctors said my knee looked great. It was barely swollen and they were impressed that I was already able to walk on my own. They said that my knee had no torn cartilage and all they had to do was shave bone behind my patella and tighten my knee cap to the correct spot.

Once I get passed feeling sick, I will be doing pretty well. Tonight I was able to eat rice and some crackers and I'm starting to feel a lot better. I'm even thinking I may be able to make it to church on Sunday, but I don't won't to jump the gun too soon.

I could not have gotten through the last couple of days without Jarod and my parents. Jarod is so helpful and so supportive. He's been a great nurse! My mom really helped out a lot today with Jarod being at a conference and Allie loved hanging with my dad. I'm so blessed to have so many people who love and care for me.
Thanks to all of you for your prayers.

7 comments:

The Trost's said...

I wish you a speedy recovery. Please let me know if you need anything.

Kristen

Anonymous said...

hey paige. i'm glad your surgery was successful, and that you aren't in too much pain. i hope you have a nice week off school recovering.

love-
courtney

Kim said...

I'm glad to hear the surgery went well! We will continue to pray for your recovery.

Emily K Adams said...

I'm glad to hear you're "okay". I know it's twice as hard with a little baby there too:) I'm working a lot this week, but next week I can bring some food over if that would help--let me know. Emily

Lindsey Eason said...

So glad you're beginning to feel better and that the surgery is OVER! And glad too you got baby-girl on some meds to help her ears feel better...poor thing! You're in our prayers for quick recovery and healing!

Kevin and Laura said...

I'm happy to hear that the surgery went well, sorry you had the nausea business, that is no fun. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

powellsa74 said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!
Sarah