Since finding out Allie is no longer allergic to peanuts and eggs, we have let her try some foods she has never had before. The first treat she enjoyed was a real chocolate chip cookie. Even though she liked them, I think she still prefers Oreo's. She also had Ego Waffles (I think she prefers her egg less organic waffles instead), miracle whip on her sandwich (she liked!), Reese's Peanut Butter Egg (still doesn't like peanut butter) and I think her favorite new treat are donuts. Before Sunday school at church, they put out donuts and Allie looks forward to eating them.
One day last week, she and I went to Kroger and she told me that she wanted eggs for dinner. We got to the aisle with the eggs and she was so excited when she saw them. She shouted, "Look mommy eggs. I can have eggs for dinner. They won't hurt my tummy!" I'm sure the people around us were very confused and thought we were really strange. When we got home I fixed her one egg. She seemed to like it okay. Every time she eats something that contains egg or peanut I still worry that she will get sick. I'm hoping that feeling goes away soon. Allie investigating her eggs.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
A Few Firsts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is exciting! I can definitely see how you would still feel anxious watching her eat those things since she couldn't for so long. She looks so cute and very grown up in the pictures :)
Yeah Allie!
Post a Comment