Last Saturday, my brother Scott and his wife Kelly ran in their first 5K (Ft. Worth Cow Town)! Of course Jarod was ecstatic when he found out they wanted to start running. They both did so well and we are so proud of both of them. Jarod had originally planned to run in the race, but he has hurt his knee. He did end up running with Kelly for some moral support. The weather that day was freezing! If you live in the Dallas area, I'm sure you remember how cold it was that day. It was honestly the coldest weather I've ever endured at a race. It came as quite a shock because two days earlier it was over 80 degrees! All of the kiddos were freezing except sweet Annie. She was very bundled up and asleep. Allie told me that she was freezing and wanted to go home. Luckily by the finish line there was a Starbucks and we waited in there until it was time to see them come across.
I didn't get any pictures of my brother. But, they plan to run in another race so hopefully I will get one at that race.
Scott and Kelly we are so proud of you. Keep up the good work.
Kelly and Greer at the finish line.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Bitten by the Running Bug
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I need to be bit by some sort of exercise bug. Wrestling season is finally over, so at least we will be a two parent family again. Now, I just need to make the time.
Post a Comment