We went and watched the Rangers play on Opening Day yesterday. Every year, my brother and his family and my parents go watch the Rangers on Opening Day. Every year we are invited and we don't go because I don't want to take a day off. This year, I decided it would be really good to go because Allie is older and she would have fun. We had a great time even though it was really cold and windy. We were all bundled up, had on lots of layers and had blankets to help keep us warm. We sat up pretty high and were in the shade so we stayed cold the entire time. The fans that were in the sun looked a lot warmer!
We got there in time to catch most of the Rangers batting practice. Whenever Jarod and I go to games, we always go to batting practice and try to get a ball. I have been going to games ever since I was a little girl and I've never gotten a ball from a game. We were down in right field, right by the fence. I took some pictures and then one of the workers offered to take a group shot of a few of us. After he took the picture I told him all I needed to do was get a ball and he said good luck with that. Not a minute later, a ball was hit right in front of where we were standing and I asked the guy in the field if I could have it and he brought it right to me! I was so shocked. Allie was so excited to have a ball. I told her no matter what to not throw it. I could just see her throwing the ball over the fence and bye bye ball! Of course, then Greer and Karlie wanted a ball. While the other team had batting practice, Greer kept yelling for one of the outfielders to give him a ball. My brother Scott went down there to help Greer and Karlie get a ball. Finally, one of the players threw a ball to Scott and he gave it to Karlie. She was thrilled and Greer was so upset. A few minutes later, Scott got one for Greer too! We were all happy that all three kiddoes got a ball.
After batting practice we went to the top level and ate lunch at picnic table. We had a great view of the new Cowboys Stadium. That stadium is so huge and very beautiful. Can't wait to watch a game there. After yummy hot dogs and chips we found our seats. We made it just in time to hear the jets fly by (Allie did not like how loud they were). They also had the Texas flag out in center field and a huge American Flag out on the field. We also got to see former President George W. Bush throw out the first pitch (he threw a strike).
It was such a good game and the Rangers won! We had a great time and I'm so glad we were able to go. Enjoy the pictures!

Waiting for a ball to come our way.

Bundled up nice and warm.

Picture taken right before we got a ball.





The new Cowboy Stadium.
Eating some grub!
Former President George W. Bush walking to the mound.
First pitch
5 comments:
I'm so glad that you took a day off and had a special family day! You deserve it!
So much fun!!! Allie looks a lot like Karlie in those pictures.
Looks like you had so much fun! I'm glad you finally got your baseball
How fun! Glad you enjoyed your day together!
Looks like fun!
Post a Comment