Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine Fun

I really enjoyed Valentines this year. Last week was pretty rough because I was sick the entire week. I'm just now feeling better. Jarod was gone part of the week and with me being sick, my house was a little of a disaster zone. Jarod emailed me on Friday and told me the Valentines came early and there was something at home that would make me feel better. When I got home, I walked in to my kitchen and there were beautiful yellow tulips (my favorite flower) in a vase on the bar and my kitchen was clean. After smelling my flowers, I walked into the living room and on the end table was another vase of pink tulips! I was so shocked. They were also beautiful and my living room was nice and clean. When I left that morning there were clean clothes in a pile and they were gone, so I decided to go upstairs and see what else Jarod did. When I got to our room our door was closed part way and I noticed a lamp was on (Jarod never leaves on lights while we are gone). I opened the door and my room was clean, bed was made and a vase was on the nightstand with two red roses. Do I have a sweet hubby or what? It was the best gift ever. When Jarod got home that night we hung out and watched a movie with Allie. We originally planned to all go out to eat, but food did not sound good to me.

Jarod and Allie watching Monsters Inc.

On Saturday (Valentines) I slept in and Jarod cooked breakfast for me. Allie and I decorated cookies (thanks Anna) to take to our friends Matt and JT's house. Our small group at church is trying to find different ways to serve each other and others. JT came up with the idea to have two couples every 3 months volunteer to watch each other's kids so the parent's can have a date night. Matt and JT and Jarod and I decided to kick it off on Valentine's night. We kept two kids (Thatcher and Karl Mikal) plus our own (Allie, Hannah and Callie) from 5-9 Saturday night. We all had a great time and the kids got along great. We are so glad that our friends were able to escape for few hours and focus on their marriages.



Hannah and Allie working on a puzzle.

Dinner time; Girls side


Boys side

Miss Callie hanging out


All four munchkins.

Sweet Karl Mikal typing on the computer.
I also had a video of Hannah and Allie dancing to music, but blogger was having issues downloading it. I will try to put it on later in the week.

4 comments:

becky said...

Great idea and so nice of you to offer on Vday.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful valentine's gift from your hubby!!

The Trost's said...

Jarod is so sweet!

Miranda said...

I miss you! I haven't seen you in forever! Hope you are doing well!