Last Sunday, Jarod competed in a 1/2 marathon race out at White Rock Lake. He ran so hard and did better than his goal time. His goal was to finish in 1 hr. 40min. and he finished in 1hr. 38 min. Actually I think his official time was 1hr. 37 min. and 58 sec. or something like that. He beat his time from last December by 20 minutes! I could not believe how fast he ran. I am so proud of him. His hard work and dedication paid off. This race was to help prepare him for his marathon in December.
He had a small cheering section for this race: Allie, my parents and me. I really liked this race b/c the cheering section wasn't as crowded as previous races. The race in December will be packed! The atmosphere was so laid back this time. I love that Starbucks is at every race and hands out free coffee and this time they handed out oatmeal. Yummy! Allie did really well considering we left the house at 6:45 am. She loved being outside and after Jarod finished we took her to play on the park for a little while.
For his marathon I'm hoping to be out there for the entire race. He would like for us to see him throughout his run to help give encouragement and Goo (this gross gel stuff he swallows for energy). We will have to a big plan laid out. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this year. Last year it was freezing and rainy. I would also like to make a sign but have no idea what I should put on it. Any suggestions are welcome!
Racing Schedule: Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day (now a Varner tradition). I will be walking the 3 mile with some of my family members (I hope!) and he will be running the 8 mile.
White Rock Marathon on December 14th.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
1/2 Marathon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Tell Jarod congratualtions! I did a half marathon and a 15k last year and loved it. You feel like you have really accomplished something in the end. Tell him good luck on the marathon.
That's very impressive! Oh...tell Allie I have that same Dallas Cowboys shirt, except that mine doesn't really fit well right now. :-)
Hey Paige! I got to see Jarod at Justin's wedding, and I was so sad I didn't get to see you and meet allie! I hope she is feeling better~ You are so sweet for being such a supportive running wife!!! I know Jarod appreciates it :0)
Hi from Ireland! I came upon this by accident, it is a bit surreal seeing my boys on a website like that. I'm Declan and Pearses Mom Lorraine. It looks like you had a great time during the summer, I know the boys loved meeting you all. I saw that you would love to come to Europe some time, can I extend an open invitation to you all to come to Ireland any time, I know the boys would love to have you here and show you around. Keep up the great work with the training. Lorraine
Lorraine - Thank you very much for the note. I hope Declan and Pearse are doing well. We had a great time getting to know each other this summer. It would be amazing if we could come visit some day - thank you very, very much for the offer.
Please stay in touch.
Jarod
hey paige-this is mindy, becky's sister! She told me about your cute little girl so I thought i would check it out for myself. Allie is soo adorable. :) And Becky only had good things to say about her. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment