A cold front came in on Thursday and I decided it was a good day to make soup. Usually I make taco soup, but that takes a while because I put it in the crock pot and since it was already 5 I didn't have time to do that. I decided to make a stop on the way home from work and pick up items for broccoli cheese soup. I know it's not the healthiest of choices, but it is one of my favorites and it takes no more than 30 min. to make.
Broccoli Cheese Soup
1 chopped onion ( I don't use an onion; I throw in some minced onion)
2 T. oil
6 c. water (sometimes I use 5)
8 chicken bullion cubes
8 c. 2% milk
12 oz. extra fine egg noodles (medium size)
2 (10 oz.) boxes frozen chopped broccoli
1 tsp. garlic salt
2 lbs. Velveeta cheese, cubed
I get everything ready before I start cooking b/c it cooks fast (cube Velveeta and brake up frozen broccoli).
Cook chopped onion in oil for 4 min. (I don't do this). Add water and bring to a boil. Add bullion cubes and boil until dissolved. Add egg noodles and cook 4 min. Add broccoli and garlic salt and cook 4 min. Add Velveeta and milk. Stir constantly until cheese melts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Mmm Mmm Good
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have had your broccoli cheese soup and it is great!!!
WE would love for you guys to come visit anytime. There are a ton of races here if Jarod wanted to do one at least that would give you a reason to come this way.
Mmmmm...that sounds great! I love anything with Velveeta.
Sounds good - thanks for sharing!
Sounds yummy! Enjoy your week off and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment