In a couple of weeks we are heading to San Diego. Jarod has a transit conference and Allie and I are tagging along. We are actually going up a few days before his conference begins and my parents are joining us too. I'm looking forward to a vacation and a few days off work. We haven't been on a family trip since we went to San Fransisco 2 years ago. I can't wait to take Allie to the zoo and to Sea World. I know she is going to have so much fun seeing all of the animals. While we are there it will be my dad's 60th birthday so I'm sure we will go out to celebrate.
Since neither Jarod nor I have been to San Diego before we are not really sure of where to go (besides the two places mentioned) or where to eat. We are staying by Balboa Park and will not have a rental car. Since we are there for a transit conference we will be getting around by bus/train and walking. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go and places to eat? Any suggestions would be great!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
San Diego
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I emailed my cousin Suzy...they live in San Diego...I'll see if she has any suggestions.
Sarah
Balboa Park (http://www.balboapark.org/) has a ton of great museums, and is beautiful to walk around, not to mention the zoo is there as well. Also, downtown San Diego has the Gas Lamp district, with lots of restaurants, but that would probably work better for just Mom and Dad. Sea Port Village (http://www.seaportvillage.com/) is downtown as well, it is a bit 'touristy' but has lots of little shops to look through. There is a Ferry that our boys (ages 6 and 4) like to take over to Coronado that also leaves from downtown San Diego. Sarah knows how to get a hold of us if you have any more questions.
Suzy (Sarah's Cousin)
No other suggestions, but the San Diego Zoo is spectacular! Allie is going to love it - and so are you. I can't wait to see pictures. Have fun!
Post a Comment