Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Boogers Are Not Food

Lately, Allie has been saying some pretty funny things so I thought I would share a few of them with you. I have to say that I really love the phase that she is in now. Her personality is really starting to come out and it is so much fun to watch.

Conversation with Allie in the car as I'm pulling into the driveway:
Allie- "Mommy, I have boogers". Me- "Do you need mommy to pick your boogers?" Allie- "Noooo". Me- "Are you sure you don't need mommy to pick your boogers?" Allie-"Nooooo" Allie- "We don't eat boogers". Me (laughing)- "That's right, we don't eat boogers". Allie- "Boogers are not food". This had me laughing for a while!

On our way to school today Allie talked about seeing the train tracks that we drove over. Then Allie said the following: "Bye train tracks". "Have a nice day". Then I hear her blowing them kisses.

In July, Allie did not feel like taking naps. For the last couple of weeks she has been doing much better. She gets a "prize" if she takes a nap. One afternoon on our way home from eating lunch she sees a few airplanes in the sky and we tell her that she gets to ride in one when we go on our trip in a month. She then says: "I take a nap, I watch Einsteins and ride in plane". She didn't seem to understand that we couldn't get in a plane anytime she wants to. Then I made the mistake of telling her that we are going to San Diego and on Saturday she said if she took a nap then she got to go to San Diego.

Tonight at dinner Allie used her hot dog that was cut up to build the Leaning Tower of Pisa. She told Jarod: "Look daddy, Leaning Tower of Pisa." Then when it fell over she said, "look daddy Pisa broken". You may be wondering how my child knows what the Leaning Tower of Pisa is. She has a Little Einsteins book and she remembered Jarod talking to her about it. A few weeks ago she kept telling me she saw a tower and pizza (so I thought). I finally realized she was talking about the Tower of Pisa.

Conversation on our way home yesterday: Allie- "I want to ride in school bus". Me-"Kids that go to school get to ride in the school bus". Allie-" I want to go to school". Me- "School is for big kids". Allie- "I a big kid". Today she did come with me up to school and she was so excited and jumping up and down saying how much fun school is.

Here are some of my favorite things that Allie says:
"I want to go to Target. Target is fun." (She also says the same things about Sam's and Wal-Mart)
"That's the master bath." (we watch House Hunters)
"Yes I do"
"That's a bald eagle." (She thinks every bird is a bald eagle)
"Come on guys, follow me."
"Wait for me. I'm coming cars."

I also love hearing her sing and read books. I know there are some other words she says that I love hearing her say and I just can't think of them at the moment. I just thought I would share a few. One thing is for sure, she always has us laughing!

6 comments:

Morgan Holt said...

HA HA! Your world sounds so much like mine! Everything is "yes, I do" and she says things from different shows she's seen before. It's hilarious when you finally figure out what they are saying. Allie's little personality is starting to come out and I know it's so fun for you to watch her grow!

Miranda said...

Allie is such a sweet girl. I love hearing all the things she has to say!

JT said...

Allie is so sweet. I love her personality...vibrant for sure! I also love your new blog. So great to see you guys last night. Hannah is still talking about playing w/allie. "I play with Allie again." Sunday can't come soon enough for her!

powellsa74 said...

The comments little ones say are just precious! Treasure those moments!

The Trost's said...

Love the red on the blog! I am cracking up reading about the boogers.

Alli said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I love hearing about things from her perspective!