Saturday, September 13, 2008

Potty Progress

Allie made major progress in potty training today. She pooped in the potty for the first time. This is a HUGE deal! Jarod and I were very surprised. We took her to go potty before she laid down for a nap and she told us to go away. After a few minutes she got up and she had this look on her face. I went in to check and you can imagine how shocked I was. While Jarod and I were singing and dancing, she was looking in the potty going, "oh no, oh no." We assured her that what she just did was a good thing and she soon joined us in song and dance.

My goal over the summer was to have her potty trained before I went back to work. Needless to say that didn't happen. I really thought it would take no time because she started going potty back in January. She did pretty good for a few weeks and then all of sudden she just regressed. We would put her on the potty and she just wouldn't go anymore. I finally stopped pushing the issue until she showed interest again. I apparently did the same thing as a two year old. My mom said I would do great and then just stop. I have a feeling Allie will be the same way because she is stubborn just like me. After talking with Carmen a few days ago, we decided Allie is ready to try again full force. Our only problem is getting her to tell us she needs to go and she doesn't really care if she is wet. I think Carmen is going to try putting her in panties next week and see if that helps. Hopefully she will progress gradually and have no more set backs. Keep your fingers crossed!

6 comments:

The Trost's said...

Yea for pooping in the potty!

Still waiting for even a tinkly over here. But hey, we at least will sit a few times a week.

Morgan Holt said...

Panties are the way to go! I had no luck with pull ups while trying to potty train. I even called the nurse at our pediatricians office for advice. She said that if they are ready, then you need to decide to put them in panties and stay with them. She said the major downfall for a lot of parents is switching back and forth from diapers to panties. It can be very confusing to the child on what they can do. It was EXACTLY what I was doing. SO...I went full force and put her into panties one day and just stayed at home for a week. She had a few accidents at home and that's all it took. They do not want to be wet when they have panties on because it gets on their legs. We do still wear pull ups at bedtime/naptime and whenever we are traveling as precautionary. I'm SOOO glad that she went poopie in the potty! It's amazing how excited parents get when you see that for the first time. Hopefully she's on the road to no more diapers!

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

What's ironic is that Cade is not confused at all. He knows exactly when he is wearing underwear and will go to pee in the potty. He tells us...if we ask, we get the answer no. If he's wearing pullups, forget it. He'll just go in them.
Our prob??? The poo - he refuses to poo even though he's done it twice. He's even held his poo for 2 days. Because I don't want to clean poop underwear, he wears pullups at night,nap, & when we're out. So basically he holds his poo until those moments!
He's a smart stinker that one. I figure he'll tell me when he's ready to poo in the potty. I really wanted him to be finished by the time this baby arrived but alas its not my schedule!!

JT said...

Way to go, Allie! Whoo hoo! Hannah is doing the same thing..tee tee and now NOTHING! So, we will shelve it for a while. :-) So exciting about Allie! Bye bye diapers...yeah!

Anonymous said...

That's gross.

Jarod

Lindy said...

hoooooray for allie! I know you are so ready to be done with diapers!