Allie finally went for her two year check-up on Thursday. It was delayed b/c of the cold she had. I felt like the appointment went really well. She weighed 29.7 lbs. and is in the 89th percentile. She is 35 in. tall and is in the 76th percentile. So, she is a little heavier than she is tall, but he isn't worried. She only had one shot and she didn't even cry! I was shocked. Her lips quivered but no tears. I think if she would of had another shot we would of had tears for sure! She cried and threw a fit when we had to take her shoes off to be weighed and measured. What a girl! For some reason she is obsessed with shoes. She always wants to have them on or for us to have our shoes on. At Carmen's they have to keep all of the shoes outside in a basket b/c she likes to take everyone their shoes. Her doctor thinks she is doing great. He expressed a concern with her speech development b/c she refuses to talk to him. When he asked me if I was concerned I just laughed. I assured him that she talks mostly in complete sentences, a lot of 3 word phrases, sings, and already tries to read familiar books. She is just so shy when she doesn't know you. My family (besides my parents) never thought she talked until Easter. So, hopefully he believes me and won't ask again.
I feel like every day she is learning something new or saying something new. All day today she has told us "No, it's mine." "Mine, mine, mine". Which, yes she has told us this before, but now she points her finger at us or tries to hit us. Oh the joys of turning 2!
Saturday, May 3, 2008
2 Year Check-Up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A girl and her shoes! Sheesh! Emmersen puts hers on first thing in the morning with her pajamas and refuses to take them off. I've come to realize that I can't come between her love for them. :) She's also really shy as well and does the same thing that Allie is doing. She talks nonstop to us but when she's around strangers she doesn't make a peep. Everyone always asks us if she ever says anything. I just laugh! That's all you can do! Hope you're doing well!
Ha ha, concerned with her speech. You should tape record her and bring it to him if he ever asks again. She is so tall - lucky girl! What are we going to do with our bashful girls around strangers? Hopefully they will grow out of it.
Post a Comment