I have been the biggest blog loser! Life at the Varner household has been hectic. Going back to work has been the cause of my crazy life! I'm not used to this whole "working thing". But, I'm finally starting to settle in and remembering how to be a working mom!
Since my last blog, I got to hear Ron Clark speak and he was so inspiring and hilarious! I am amazed at his accomplishments with underprivileged kids. He has a school in Atlanta and I would love to go and visit one day. I also have a brand new fridge! A 5th grade teacher bought me a new one and left it in my room for me to find one morning! They felt responsible for it since I put it in their portable. But I put it there so it wouldn't be stolen! I couldn't convince them that they didn't need to do that. It was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me.
School is going okay. I have one child that has tested me since day one! Every day is a battle with him and it wears me out. I have never had a child behave the way he does. I've had some children with bad discipline problems, but never like this and it is completely frustrating. Hopefully we will make some progress soon! I'm just lucky to have a supportive principal who is there to help me with my battles! Every night after Allie goes to bed I pass out on the couch. One night last week I woke up and didn't even realize I had fallen asleep. I looked at Jarod and told him I was so sorry! Thank goodness I have a very understanding husband. I had forgotten how tiring the first couple of weeks of school are.
We spent Labor Day with my family in Arlington. It was great being together. It had been a really long time. I enjoyed being with everyone and getting to spend time with my nephew and niece. They both enjoyed having Allie to play with.
Allie has changed so much over the last couple of months. Her personality is developing more and more each day! She is in a terrible biting phase!!! Almost everyday for the last couple of weeks she bit someone at the baby sitters. But in the last 5 days she has only bit 2 times. This is a huge accomplishment. We are hoping that this phase ends soon. She makes us laugh all the time. She LOVES to dance and sing. Her dancing is all over the place and she will dance to anything! She is also learning to say lots of new words. Her newest words are "please" and "shhh" (telling us to be quiet).
I would like to post some new photos, but our camera is on the fritz! I'll look for some pics we took a month ago and see if I can find anything good!
I guess that is all I have for now. I'm sure that I forgot to tell something, but I honestly can't think of anything at the moment. I hope everyone is off to a good week!
Monday, September 10, 2007
A Little of This, A Little of That
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
i'm glad you're getting into the swing of things at school and allie is biting less and less. maybe we'll see you sometime soon. we're in NB this weekend.
love-
courtney
I'm so happy you posted. I'll be praying about that boy...sounds very exhausting!
I need all the prayers I can get for him!!! Patience is truly a virtue.
Oooooo....nice new layout!
Thanks! I'm slowly learning how to do more things!
Post a Comment