Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Big One Oh

Yesterday, I went for my longest run so far. 10 miles. I finished in about an hour and 45 minutes - which was about what I expected. I ran from our house to the park next to the Gaylord Opryland hotel in Grapevine. Paige was gracious enough to pick me up afterward. I usually run loop routes or what are called "out and backs", both of which can be pretty boring. Running all 10 miles in one direction definitely helped keep it from getting too boring. It was a nice run over the Grapevine Dam. On the left side were two golf courses and the lake was on the right. I really could have taken a swim by the time I made it to the dam (about 7 miles into the run). I learned a valuable lesson in hydration - almost two hours of running is too far to go without water. I plan to buy a water bottle that can be carried while running. I learned a lot from the run. Such as, I'll definitely be ready for the half-marathon in December but probably will not be ready for a whole marathon in the first quarter of next year. I may have to save that one for later in the year. I'll probably wait until I get a little closer to my goal weight - in order to give myself a good chance of finishing in a decent time.

Jarod

1 comments:

Nathan said...

Sounds like you could run to the Pangburn Cafe if the need arose...