Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Work Day 2

Well I tried to create a post last night, but the internet was not cooperating. I'm sure none of you have ever experienced that! My first day back went pretty well. I was a little worried about Allie. She was not a happy camper when we woke her up. She likes her beauty sleep! Once she and I got in the car she was in a great mood and we sang, "Twinkle, twinkle", A,B,C's", and the "Wheels on the Bus" for 15 min. It was a lot of fun, because she sang along. Once we got to Carmen's (in home day care provider) I was a little worried how she would act with the other kids because she had not seen them all summer. Once she saw two of her buddies she was all smiles and told everyone hi! It was the cutest thing I'd ever heard. She is quite the social bug. Not sure where she gets that from! She is always the last one to fall asleep b/c she wants to keep everyone up talking. She had a great day and was thrilled to see me when I picked her up. A great gift for a mom on her first day back to work.

There is a lot going on at school. Our school is being remodeled and this is the first week we were allowed back into our rooms. Usually we can get in and start putting our rooms together but not this year. What makes the situation even worse is they are still working on our school. The whole school is a mess and I get the pleasant smell of hot tar outside my window! The best part about yesterday was finding out that my refrigerator and my student's computer monitors were stolen! Lucky me. Oh well, luckily all can be replaced. I am currently trying to talk Jarod into replacing my refrigerator.

I am looking forward to Thursday and getting to hear Ron Clark speak. I'll try and post about it later in the week.

5 comments:

Miranda said...

I was just thinking about you and wondering when you had to start school. Sorry about your fridge...I definitely think you need another one!!!

Varner said...

Yeah, I found out this week how much I depended on my fridge until this week. With construction going on we do not have access to a fridge or ice!!! I'm working on getting a new one. See ya Sunday.

Anonymous said...

hey paige! hope you had a good first week, and got a lot done in your room and at meetings. hope to see you sunday.

Anonymous said...

Hey, kiddoes! Don't have much to say, but didn't want you to feel like your family was ignoring you. Give hugs and kisses to Allie for us!

love -- DAD

P.S.- Jarod, replace that fridge! ... if you haven't already.

powellsa74 said...

Have a great week back!
I can't wait to hear how the
talk went with Ron Clark. I
saw that movie and was very
inspired!