Hard to believe Jack is already 15 months old and he is changing so much every day...I'm so glad I get to be around every day now to witness it all (the good and the bad)!
I love that Jack is learning, understanding and talking a lot, but I do not like what comes with this age-frustration and horrible tantrums! This has got to be my least favorite phase ( I remember not liking it with Allie). The problem is, he is learning more and more every day and although he has added a ton of new words to his vocabulary, he still cannot communicate as quickly as he would like to. So, instead, he screams, yells, pushes things over, hits, bites, pinches, scratches...it sounds like he is mean, but really he is the sweetest boy who when he gets frustrated he doesn't know any other way to express himself! It's a battle everyday to help him learn the error of his ways...and there are days I want to give up or give in, but I don't. I know in a couple of months time it will get better and he will be in a new challenging phase!
Jack has LOTS of personality...he really is a ham-bone! When out in public, he likes to wave at everyone, give them a cheesy grin (that says, "how can you not think I'm adorable?") and enjoys making people laugh-whether it's making silly faces, almost standing on his head or just being a goof ball!
He is also a busy-body...he gets into everything, stands on everything and climbs on everything! He has recently learned to climb up on my couch, so we are learning the safe way to get down, b/c he has fallen head first once or twice before I could catch him. He likes to be as loud as possible, the louder the better!
Things he knows or can say:
*body parts-nose, eyes, head, ears, feet, toes, mouth, belly button-likes to find your belly button too! (98% of the time)
*can tell me that he has pooped (this is recent...I ask and he says poo poo and points to his bottom)
*puts his hands up when we ask where something or someone is
*understand simple directions
*can open some doors (he is tall)
*give hugs
*blow kisses
*words-mommy, daddy, Mimi, Poppy (sounds like puppy), puppy, help, please, thank you, more, hot, Allie, cracker, water, milk, apple,shoes, baby,water, ba ball (basketball), mouth, waffle (keep in mind some of the words are perfect but we know what he is saying), uh oh, bye-bye, hi, no,amen
*animal sounds-he recognizes several animals and can tell you their sound: moo, quack, baa, bark for a dog, hoot for an owl, monkey noise, tries to growl for a bear, makes a fish face (hilarious), snort for a pig
*right now, he will attempt to say whatever word you are trying to teach him...it's pretty funny. A couple of weeks ago, he wouldn't!
A Few other things I want to remember:
*favorite song right now-Happy and You Know It; he likes to say Amen!
*favorite fruit-watermelon, although he will eat any fruit you give him!
*he is attached to his puppy, actually he sleeps with two!
*loves going to Hawaiian Falls
*loves messing up his sister's room and playing with her toys
*still in size 4 diapers, but I think I'm going to buy size 5 soon
*wears size 6 shoe
*2T clothes
*not the best nap taker (I'm lucky if it's 1 1/2hrs)
*daddy's boy
*has lots of new teeth...I think he has 12 or 13 total (a few of them are molars)
*loves being naked or to have some piece of clothing not his body
*still not great in the car, although has made progress over the last week or so
15 Month Stats
30.2 lbs. (97%) this is with clothes and a diaper on
33 in. tall (97%)
Yes, it's not a shocker that Jack is big...he started that way and has never slowed down! Doc said if he continues on this pattern he could be 6'2 or 6'3 when he is in high school! For those of you who do not know, my dad is 6'4 and my oldest brother is 6'8.

Thursday, June 30, 2011
Jack is 15 Months
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment