Friday, December 10, 2010

Jack at 8 Months

I haven't been great at having pictures taken at the "milestone months" but these pictures of Jack were actually taken on the day he was 8 months old. My sweet and very talented friend Jenn took these wonderful pictures of Jack. She also got in some great family and sibling shots that I will add later. We were outside for our pictures in downtown Grapevine. The wind was our enemy that day! We couldn't get Jack to smile a lot...he was too busy taking in the scenery!

During our Thanksgiving break (when J turned 8 months) he changed so much! That was the week when he started pulling up on everything everywhere! He learned he could crawl to other rooms besides the living room. He really started waving bye-bye every time you said it and even starts talking when you say bye-bye. He talks and babbles more and more all of the time...da da, ma ma, ba ba, and lots of gibberish! He loves to play with Allie...they "chase" each other from the living room to the kitchen and back again! He is still very, very strong. He cannot stand to have his clothes or diapers changed. We have started introducing some table foods (peas, carrots, bananas-his favorite, cereal bars-another favorite, and pumpkin muffins). I don't feel like I started early enough with Allie and he seems to be doing okay with we have given him so far. He will still eat his baby food too. He LOVES mum mum's! He still takes 2 naps a day...his naps at school are not all that great any more so he has an early bed time. He loves stuff animals and sleeps with a puppy or a lovie or both! He can drink from a sippy cup but prefers for me to hold it. He can go from crawling, to sitting, to standing very quickly...and he can climb stairs. He has 3 bottom teeth and none on the top.

It really is hard to believe that my sweet little boy is growing up so quickly. I think it goes by a lot quicker with the second one. Jack has blessed our lives in so many ways and we all love him so much!











2 comments:

Reagan said...

He is precious, and I love the family picture!! Sounds like Jack and John Ashton would have lots of fun together. Hope yall have a Merry Christmas with your sweet family!!!

Miranda said...

Those are great pictures! I can't believe he is 8 months old!