I decided that now is a good time to update on how my pregnancy is going so far. I'm sorry that I do not have a picture. I haven't taken any pictures and I'm sure I will regret it. There isn't really a good place in my house to take one and it we've had a lot of rain this month! I'm going to try and get one this week since it's supposed to be beautiful outside.
I can not believe I'm already 18 weeks. I already feel like this pregnancy is going by so fast. Once I got past 14 weeks, I was not getting sick anymore. I was not nearly as sick this time as I was with Allie. In fact everything about this pregnancy has been the exact opposite of mine with Allie (hmm... maybe a boy?). With Allie I was pretty much sick from the time I woke up, to the time I went to bed. This time I was only sick at night but it lasted for a long time.
My appetite is huge! Even when I was sick, I still wanted food all of the time. I really didn't care to eat at all when I was pregnant with Allie. I love food this time! I've decided to call my cravings "Man Food" b/c that is what I want all of the time. I want anything that has to do with meat, except chicken. I can eat chicken but it's not what I crave. I really love chili, hot dogs and hamburgers. Not only do I want all of this "Man Food" but I also want "Man Portions". I'm having a hard time adjusting to the food I am craving and the amount I like to eat. I do not give in to all of my cravings but I do get chili from Wendy's about once a week. Other foods that I like are salads, fruit and sour things like pickles. I'm also addicted to lemonade! With Allie I couldn't even look at meat (cook or eat).
Allie is still very excited about being a big sister and she is determined that she is getting a brother. We talked about it tonight and I asked her if it would be okay if God decided to give her a sister instead and she said, "No Mommy, I want a brother." I honestly think she will be happy with either one, but right now she is determined that I have a boy in my tummy. We will find out what we are having on the 11th of November.
Last Thursday (exactly 18 weeks) I started to feel the baby move! I actually think I felt movement earlier in the week (only at nighttime) but just wasn't sure. With Allie I didn't feel anything until I was 23 weeks and that was big kicks and rolls. Feeling the baby move is the most amazing feeling in the world. I had forgotten how amazing it is and how real it makes everything feel.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
18 Weeks, Comparisons and Man Food
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I am excited for you!!
Tell me, hows the leg hair growth??? That's the only difference that I could find in my 2 pregnancies and those of other "both" mamas.
I can't wait to find out if you are having a boy or girl!!!!
My phone will be waiting for that text message on the 11th! Mere- my leg hair growth was different, along with the rest of my pregnancy, but the opposite gender thing didn't work out for me!
how exciting that you felt the baby move!!! can't wait until you post what you are having :0)
I only experienced the "man food" and "man portions" w/ one pregnancy...and that was with Shepherd! I wanted meat constantly and could eat much more than Chad, which considering he was 150 pounds heavier than me, that was very impressive. lol! I can totally relate to that - just enjoy all that protein and know you're developing a beautiful baby and these cravings will go away in a few months. :)
How much longer until you find out?
You are going to let us know...right???
Okay, I haven't checked your blog in a while and apparently I should have. Congratulations! I did not know you were expecting again. That's exciting!
Post a Comment