First of all, I can't believe I have an 18 month old daughter!
Allie had her 18 month check up today. According to the doctor she is doing really well and of course her parents think she is doing well! She weighed in at 26 pounds and she is 33 1/4 inches tall. She hasn't grown much since her 15 month check up. I guess she is finally starting to slow down. She is 90th percentile for height and 75th percentile for weight.
We talked with her doctor about her biting. There is really nothing else we can do about it. She said that most kids Allie's age are in the phase for a while. Well, Jarod and I are so tired of this phase! She has bit everyday this week and her newest thing is to say, "no bite", bite herself and laugh about it. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
Her doctor also suggested that we think about potty training. This came as quite a shock to me. For the last few weeks, Allie has not had a wet diaper during the night. I can't believe she is already capable of doing this at such an early age. We are not going to push this concept on her. One, I need to be home to work with her and since I work I cannot do that. We are just going to slowly introduce it to her and hopefully by Thanksgiving and Christmas break and we can work on it. I just never dreamed I would be potty training at such an early age!
I thought I would take this time to tell you some of the new things or fun things she is doing now:
Her newest word is "thank you". I love when she says it. I try to get her to say it all of the time. I am amazed at how quickly she picks up on things. She can count to three, recognizes the letter B (probably random) and loves to entertain with her singing and dancing! She has always loved to sing. This week I caught her singing to her baby dolls, telling them "no, no" and then picking them up and hugging them, telling them "it okay". It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen! I have many more things I could tell you, but I figure this is enough. I really love this phase of her life. I am truly amazed at how much she has changed in one year. She truly is a blessing from God.

4 comments:
What a sweet girl!! It's such an amazing thing to watch a baby grow and learn. I don't have any advice about the biting. I still have a hard time believing she does it because she is such a sweet angel every time I see her.
18 months! I can't even believe that. She is such a sweet girl. She'll grow out of the biting phase...and move on to something else. Hehe... Hope to see you soon!
Paige,
We literally live like 20 minutes from you! I didn't know you where in Lewisville, how funny. Anyway, your daughter is precious. I wanted to name Liam --Allie if he would have been a girl:)
Laura
Hi!! I got your bog from Mitzi's and stopped by for a peek:) Allie is so beautiful Paige! So cute--I totally get all of your stories and life with a toddler. Check out my blog: emilykadams.blogspot.com
Hopefull we'll see you at the carnival at church this Sunday!
Post a Comment