We have gotten into what I like to call "our new normal" around the Varner house. Staying at home now has been a wonderful adjustment for our family. It is so nice to not bring home my work stress and to be able to enjoy my kids without worrying about my job. Jarod and I feel so blessed that we are able to do this for our family.
We start our mornings pretty early. I get Allie up at 6:45 and she is out the door by 7:30. Jack wakes up usually by 8 or a little earlier. We both eat breakfast and I sneak in a cup of coffee (barely) and he is ready to go! He brings me his shoes or my shoes and says "go outside". Every morning we walk to the park by our house. Our yard is a mess (we are going to laid sod once the heat goes away). Even when it was 95 or hotter, we went for at least 45 min. The key was getting there early! We also discovered an awesome park in Carrollton that is covered and had a splash park with fountains. Now that the heat has died down, we are able to stay at the park a lot longer. After outside play, we come home for a snack, play a little more and then lunch. Usually we have an early lunch because Jack has to get down by 12:30 in order to get in a nap before it's time to get Allie. Jack loves to go get Allie from school! He has missed his sister.
Once we get home, we have snacks, play time with siblings, and homework. Then Allie helps me contain Jack while I get dinner ready. Now that the weather is cool, we go to the park after school too! Jack loves being outside and that way Allie hasn't felt left out. We also tried toddler time at the library this week. Jack did pretty well. He likes the singing and dancing.
We are all enjoying our "new normal"!


We loved this park...they have two different play grounds for different ages. Jack of course liked them both!
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Our New Normal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love that this is your new normal! It is such a blessing.
I am so happy for you that you get to stay home now. Isn't it amazing how fast the days go? We enjoy our daily walks too.
Post a Comment