Hard to believe this sweet girl is old enough for Kindergarten! It seems like just yesterday she was this small (see pic below)...
Where did the time go? I feel like the last five years have flown by and my little girl is all grown up. She has been excited about Kinder since last year and couldn't wait for the first day of school. I always thought I would be able to handle it, since I was used to leaving her every day, but I was wrong. Now that I am able to stay home, I've had some "guilt" set in b/c I wasn't able to stay home with her. But, I am able to take her to school, pick her up, go to meetings, go eat lunch with her...things I wasn't sure I would ever be able to do with my sweet girl. I am so grateful that I get to be available to her at school and home with Jack!
This past week I had wanted to do lots of fun things with her, but unfortunately, Jack decided it was a good time to get sick and Jarod was out of town. So, we had to cram in some things this weekend.
I'm so proud of my sweet girl! When I woke her up this morning, she said, "Mommy, I can't believe it...I'm a Kindergartner!" She sounded so grown up and it made me weep. From there she got dressed in her new dress and shoes she picked out when we went shopping. Then we had biscuits for breakfast (one of her favorites), took a few pictures and then off to school. It was weird to be on "this side" of things. I haven never felt so lost! We all took her to school and when we got back in the car, Jack immediately went, "Allie?" and held up his hands. It broke my heart. He loves her so much and I know he will miss having her around.
We had a dinner celebration...spaghetti (her favorite) and I made her a funfetti cake with cream cheese icing and sprinkles. My mom was even able to come celebrate with us.
We are so proud of our girl and look forward to an exciting year of Kindergarten!
0 comments:
Post a Comment