Jarod and I were able to escape to Cancun for a few days, while my parents watched the kids. This was a much needed vacation and we feel so blessed that we were able to do this. It was so nice to have no distractions and to be able to rest, relax and focus on each other. We got to Cancun on a Thursday afternoon and we left the following Tuesday afternoon. Jarod and I have not been to Cancun since our honeymoon 8 years ago. For our honeymoon, we stayed at a huge all inclusive resort that was not close to town. This time we decided to not go that route and stay at a smaller hotel (Hilton) and go out for our meals. I really enjoyed our hotel...it was not very crowded, had very polite staff, awesome pools and beach!
We spent every day at the pool and every night we went into town for dinner. We swam, lounged, read (I read 4 books), and took naps. I guess you could say we were LAZY! I only had one major meltdown-I forgot my makeup bag and brush at my parents house. I realized this on our first night at 8:30 and my awesome husband agreed to get out and take the bus to Wal-Mart in downtown Cancun. It was a long adventure and it was hard to pick out make-up when it's all written in Spanish, but something that will never be forgotten. Everyday I looked for seashells on the beach for Allie and Jack. She was so excited to get them!
I fell in love with Cancun again...I had forgotten how beautiful it was there. Every time I looked at the ocean, I kept thanking God for creating something so beautiful and breathtaking.
This was my favorite place to be! We were only able to swipe this spot on our last day...it felt like our own private oasis!


1 comments:
Bea-U-ti-ful!!!!!! We went to Cancun on our honeymoon too and haven't had a real vacation since - lol! So glad that y'all got to go back and enjoy some lazy days. Isn't it funny how after you have kids, the best vacations are the ones that include a LOT of laying around and sleeping??? :-)
Post a Comment