Jarod ran in a 30K trail run on Saturday. This was his first race since the weekend before Jack was born that he has run in. We had not been to see him at a race since the Turkey Trot last year. He was originally supposed to run 30 miles in this race, but he got hurt around Labor Day and had to run in a shorter race. Instead he ran 20 miles and did an awesome job! He thought it would take him 5 hours or longer, but he finished in just over 4 hours. It does take him longer to run on the trails than it does a normal race. As always, we are so proud of him for accomplishing such a big goal. He plans to start training for a 50 mile trail run that will be in March...crazy right?
Usually at his races we hang out and see him at different spots, but I was flying solo with two kids and I just couldn't make it happen. My parents planned on coming, but they got a little lost :) Jarod left before we did and we made it in time to see him start. It was the first time I'd ever seen him actually start a race. It wasn't very crowded, so I was able to see him start. Usually there is a big mob of people and I just watch the mob of people start running.
They had a "fun run" for Allie to run in too. It originally was supposed to be 100 yards, but they changed it to 300 yards. I did not realize this until they started. I also had no idea that Allie would be running down a hill and back up a hill. I had no way of running with her like I thought I would b/c my parents were lost, they started the race early and Jack was screaming. Fun times! Poor Allie realized I wasn't with her and that she was running really far and started to cry. Thankfully another mom saw her and took her under her wing and got her to run back up the hill. She looked very relieved when she saw me at the top. She looked so cute crossing the finish line. She was given her first medal and is taking it this week to school to show her friends. I'm sure this was her first of many races to come!
My parents got there after her race was over and we all headed back to my house to regroup and get in one car. My parents dropped Allie and I off at a bday party and they took Jack with them to run some errands. Then they picked us up after the party, we went and picked up lunch and made it back just in time to see Jarod finish his race. Oh, did I mention it was also my parents 41st anniversary that day too?!? I have the most wonderful, thoughtful and helpful parents!
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Rockledge Rumble
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment