My 30th birthday was awesome! If I knew turning 30 would be so much fun, I would turn 30 every year!!! My celebration started last Sunday with Jarod surprising me with tickets to the season opener of the Cowboys game. I honestly had no idea that he had gotten tickets. He and my mom had been conspiring together to convince me to come to Arlington to watch the game at my parents house. I had a lot to do, and didn't want to go, but was guilted into going. We had decided to go to our church (8 am) and then head to Arlington to my parents house to watch the game with family. We had not been gone 5 min. from our house and Jarod insists we just go to church with my family (their church starts at 10:15 and currently it is 7:35). That made no sense to me and he didn't listen to my plea's of not wanting to do that and just go to our church since he made me get up early. Then he threw papers at me during our conversation. I had no idea why, but when I finally looked at them, there were are tickets to the game. I was shocked! So, we headed to my parents house to drop of the kids and then made our way to the game.
Sunday, September 26, 2010
30th Celebration
I had never been inside Cowboy Stadium. It really is amazing! I was in awe of it all! We had amazing seats and a fantastic time, even if they did lose!
I looked forward to the weekend because my b-day was on Saturday and we had planned some fun activities for the day. We had planned to go ride go carts, bumper boats and play miniature golf, but mother nature had a different idea and we didn't get to because it rained! So, Jarod cooked us a big breakfast of eggs, pancakes, biscuits and turkey bacon. Yummy!!! Then we lounged around and Jarod and Allie left to go get a present. This confused me because they had been out the night before too, but I wasn't going to argue :) When they came back they let me open a present. They had gotten me a Wii!!! I was very excited because Allie is at a good age where we can play games together as a family. Then Jarod brought out another gift (oh, and at breakfast Allie game me a black watch from Charming Charlies and 4 cupcakes). I was shocked again, b/c I really thought the tickets to the game was my gift. When I opened the gift it was a new Mac Book. I'm pretty sure my mouth was hanging wide open. He told me he couldn't decide what to get me so he got both! Crazy boy! Oh well, I am very appreciative and I'm glad I can share my gifts with my family! Later that afternoon, Allie came with me to get our nails painted. I got a pedi and Allie had her toes and nails painted a pretty purple! It was fun just being us girls!
We had a family dinner planned at Buca di Beppo. I thought we were meeting my family, but Jarod had another surprise in store...he had invited friends too! I had no idea and was quite shocked at seeing everyone when I got to our table/room!!! It was so awesome to have so many people there who are so important to my life. Thanks to all who helped me celebrate. I had a great time talking with everyone. I wasn't very good at getting pictures of all who attended and I didn't get any of me with my hubby or my kids!!! One of the funniest events of the evening is when they had me stand up in the booth and sing I'm a Little Teapot! Very funny and embarrassing.
I feel truly blessed to have a husband who went to great lengths to make sure I had a fun and memorable birthday. I love you Jarod! Thanks to my friends and family for celebrating with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Happy Birthday, Paige. Sounds like you had a great celebration!
Post a Comment