My sweet Jack was 6 months on the 24th of September. It's hard to believe he is already 1/2 a year old! Here are his 6 month stats: 19lb.s (90%) and 28 1/2 inches long (97%). Needless to say, Jack is a big, healthy boy!
I really love this age. Jack gets excited about everything and wants to explore everything too! We all laugh and smile more than ever because that is what he does most of the time! He loves to play with toys, watch Praise Baby, play with Allie, laugh and be naked! He is doing a better job at taking naps at day care, but there are still some days he doesn't sleep as much as he should. He really doesn't have a great day time schedule b/c his naps are so unpredictable. He started eating oatmeal at 5 months and we've just started feeding him fruit. His first time to try bananas was really funny! He wasn't quite sure of the new taste, but now he likes everything we've given him. I love that Jack recognizes us when he sees us. He gets so excited whenever he hears our voices or sees us. He has done this for a little while, but it happens more frequently now. It just warms my heart when I pick him up after work. He has also started getting upset if I leave him and then he sees me again. I try not to let that happen! When meeting new people or in new places, he takes everything in. Once he is comfortable he will flash his million dollar grin! I love that he smiles all of the time! He is such a sweet and lovable little guy. Our lives truly feel complete with this little guy!
Here are some things I would like to remember about Jack at 6 months:
-has 2 bottom teeth
-likes to click his tongue and blow raspberries
-can hold his own bottle (has done this for a while, but he is a lot better at it)
-can rock on his knees (he loves to do this and I fear the day he can crawl)
-puts anything and everything in his mouth
-rolls or inch worms his way around very fast!
-transfers objects from hand to hand
-sits with some support (we are still working on this; he doesn't like being still and my trick to get him to sit up is to put on Praise Baby)
-babbles more and more (he isn't my big talker like his big sister was)
-loves swinging at the park
-starting to wear 12 month clothing
-wears size 3 diapers (changing his diaper has become quite a challenge; he wants to escape!)
-he is now on formula only
-loves music; this is how we calm him in the car and they get him to sleep at day care and why he will sit for Praise Baby
-still takes 2 naps. Usually one short one and one longer one
-loves to jump and stand and bounce
-reflux has improved but is still on meds
-loves to interact with people
-is still my snuggle baby
-still have no idea what color his eyes are; we know they are two different colors. We think blue and brown on most days
-is still a great night time sleeper!!!!
*I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I think I've bored you enough!!!
Monday, October 11, 2010
Jack at 6 Months
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love the video of Allie pushing Jack in the swing. How sweet! I also love reading what he is doing since our little ones are so close together!
Oh how time goes so quickly. I am so glad that everything is going well. We should get the kids together to play soon!
He is so, so handsome! And that smile...precious!
Post a Comment