Sunday, August 22, 2010

Balancing Act

Most of you know that I went back to work last week. I've had just under 5 months off with my sweet kids and I feel so blessed to have had that time with them. Going back to work is always an adjustment in our family. It usually takes us a while to balance everything! This will probably be the hardest one yet b/c we now have two kids to get ready and out the door in the morning. I really do feel like we are trying to balance everything right now. Hopefully we will all adjust sooner rather than later.

We all survived our first week! We were all exhausted by bed time, but we all survived! Allie has stayed at an in home day care since she was 4 months old. This year, our friend went to part time and I decided it was a good time to make a change. Allie really needed Pre-K and I wanted both kids at the same place. I enrolled both of them in my district's child care program. I absolutely love it there! I couldn't have asked for a better fit for both of them. Allie already loves Pre-K. She has already made lots of friends and loves being there. Jack is also doing well. His teachers tell me that he is the most spoiled! He is the oldest in his class and the most active and aware of what is going on, so he is having a harder time with naps. They have to put him to sleep (which has made this weekend difficult), but hopefully he will be able to do it himself soon. His teething has also gotten worse this week and he is working on cutting a bottom tooth. You can see just a little white and his gums are so swollen. All in all, Jack is doing well. They love how much he smiles and how happy he is (until nap time or time to eat!). I'm so glad that they already love the things about him that I love too!

I feel like Jarod and I have our system down pretty well. I feed Jack at 6 while Jarod gets Allie up and dressed. Then I pass Jack to Jarod and he gets him burped and changed and I fix Allie's hair and finish packing up our things. The night before, Jarod cleans bottles, fills bottles and then makes lunch for Allie while I feed Jack. Once both kids are down, we are in bed too! We are exhausted! After everyone eats dinner, we are able to spend a little family time together. It's weird going from being with my kids for 12 hrs. to only a total of 3. It's a very hard adjustment, but we really try to make the most of it!
Thanks to all of you who checked in on me or sent me a message this week. I really appreciated the thoughts and prayers. It was hard, but I am so blessed to have a two beautiful and healthy children, a thoughtful and helpful husband, caring friends and family and a job that allows me to have as much time off as I can with my children.

I think Allie is the only one who looks good in this picture!
Jack's face cracks me up!

Had to have pictures on our first day! I did the same thing when I went back to work with Allie.


Love this kid! (please ignore the mess in this picture)



I think this was taken Tuesday night during our family time!


Jack started oatmeal last night! This kid is obsessed with watching us eat and drink. He loved biting on the spoon and you would never have known it was his first time to try food. He was a natural!


More please!

Mmmm!

5 comments:

Dana said...

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and hoping you have a great class this year. I'm so glad to hear you are liking the teachers for Allie and Jack. That makes all the difference. It's great that Jared is so good at helping you get organized each evening and morning. That really is so helpful. See you soon.

Miranda said...

I'm so glad the transition is going well, although I know it's probably hard on you. I'll be praying for you! Your kids are such sweeties!

Hattie said...

I love the pictures of Jack eating! I am praying for you. Going back to work is tough. We are trying to figure out our schedule. Of course as soon as we get it down I'm sure it will change!

Lindsey Eason said...

Wow, your friend (I think her name is Jen?) did a fabulous job on your family pictures! They're gorgeous! I hope the transition back to work is still going smoothly...I know first hand that it isn't easy to work with kids - it's a tough balancing act. You're so blessed to have a husband who loves and adores you and your little ones - I'm sure Jared is a huge help to you!

becky said...

Jack's faces are so cute!!!!