Saturday, June 5, 2010

Jack is 2 Months

I hate that I am just now posting about Jack's 2 month stats. It has just taken me a while to get to the computer. Jack was two months on the 24th of May and we had his check up the next day. If you've seen Jack or talked to me, you know he is a big boy!
Here are his stats:
Weight: 14.6lbs. 97%
Height: 24 1/2 in. 90%
Head: 41 1/2 cm. 80%

Here are Allie's stats at 2 months:
Weight: 12lbs. 1 oz. 90%
Height: 23 1/2 in. 90%

Jack already outweighs Allie's stats at 4 months! He is just going to be a big boy!

Jack has changed a lot in the last few weeks. I'm had forgotten how quickly babies change and I'm already sad that he is not my newborn any more (not that he ever really looked like one :).
Here are some things I would like to remember about Jack at 2 months:
-smiles all of the time; especially if you are talking to him
-coos a lot and always makes us laugh when he does
-starting to giggle (not the big belly laughs, but he came close the other night)
-sleeps any where between 7 1/2 hrs. to 9 hrs. at night
-right now he goes down anywhere between 9:45 and 11:00 at night; we are still working on an earlier bedtime
-usually takes one big nap a day and the other ones are usually 1 hr. It kind of depends on what we've been doing during the day. If we are out and about, the naps aren't so great!
-he sleeps on his tummy (once we started this, he started taking better naps and sleeping through the night). He has been sleeping through the night for 3 weeks now!
-he is able to lift his head up high and move it from side to side. In fact he can turn 180 degrees in his bed when on his tummy. He is a very strong little boy!
-still has a great set of lungs!
-loves laying on the floor and talking to his elephant (has a mirror and plays music)
-not loving his bath these days
-still loves his bouncy seat and swing
-started to put himself to sleep for naps; usually by finding his thumb to suck on

Places he has been:
-church, Allie's school, Target, Wal-Mart, TJ Maxx, my school, daddy's work, Sprouts, spent the night at his uncle Scott's house, Greer's baseball game, Karlie's t-ball game, Allie's soccer games, restaurants, Mimi and Poppy's house, park, Hawaiian Falls, birthday parties, visited my Granny.

He pretty much goes everywhere with me! Sometimes it's hard, but Allie is a great helper!


I could not get this picture to turn around. Love his sweet smile and chubby cheeks!
Look at that big belly. His eyes look brown in this picture, but they are a dark blue.

This is the first time he put himself to sleep and it was by sucking his thumb/finger. What a sweetie!



4 comments:

Hattie said...

He is precious. Yea for sleeping through the night!

becky said...

He is gorgeous!!!! Such a BIG boy. YOur poor back.

The Pruetts said...

He is adorable! I love his skin tone. I am so glad that he is sleeping well. I love it that he is sleeping on his tummy. I have let Carly sleep on her tummy for naps, just not bedtime yet. It is nice that Jack found his thumb. Carly does not like a pacifier or her thumb. I am her pacifier!

Miranda said...

I'm so glad he is sleeping so well now! Yea Jack!