Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Catching Up on the Month of September

Saying that I'm behind is stating the obvious! We were very busy during the month of September, so I thought I would just combine everything into one post. I have included pictures from Allie's first day of preschool, Plano Balloon Festival, Ranger game, Allie's first soccer game and the Texas State Fair. Allie is attending preschool 2 days a week at a Baptist church close to school. I am so happy that the lady who watches her was able to work this out for us. Allie is the oldest where she stays and she really needed interaction with kids her own age. With me working, I never thought that would be possible so we are so grateful that she is getting this opportunity. She absolutely loves school!


We met our good friends EA and Ashley and a few others at the Plano Balloon Festival. Actually, EA was surprising Ashley for her birthday. We got there just in time to see the balloons take off. We had a great time hanging out with friends and eating yummy food. We stayed long enough to see them light the balloons (absolutely beautiful) and see fireworks. A lot of my pictures did not turn out. Bummer!




For Father's Day, I bought Jarod tickets to the Ranger game. Our seats were awesome! We were 4 rows to the side of home plate (closest to Ranger dugout). They are the best seats I've ever sat in. It was amazing how close everything was. They lost the game but we were on TV some! After the game they had fireworks and they let us move up a couple of rows to the cushioned seats. They were awesome! Jarod and I are spoiled now!

I'm so happy that "Pudge" is back with the Rangers!

Allie is playing soccer for the first time. She is on a team with some friends from our small group at church. I think she really likes playing. Her first game was a little rough. She wanted to be out there the entire time and she was grouchy because she was hungry. There were a few tears shed. In Saturday's game she only cried once which was improvement. I'm really enjoying seeing her in this environment. I think it is really good for her and it's really funny to watch!

Allie and her buddy Cale. His dad is the coach.


We went to the fair on opening weekend with my parents. We got there fairly early and it was not crowded at all. We were lucky enough to get some coupons from nice people in the parking lot. We had a great time, but boy was it hot! We drank lots of water and ate some yummy food. We did not try fried butter (new item this year). If you are not from Texas, every year they have different types of fried food to try. This year was fried butter. I did see someone with it and it did not look very appetizing. Allie really had a good time! She enjoyed seeing the animals, climbing a sand hill and being a "farmer". She also was able to drive a couple cars. By the end of the day we were all exhausted but so glad we got to go.




My Lil Farmer!

3 comments:

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

She is growing up and just so beautiful!!!

becky said...

She is getting sooo big! She is just more beautiful everytime I see her.

Hattie said...

Looks like you had a great fun-filled September!