I am a person who loves birthdays! I'm always so excited when it is my birthday but this year has been a little different. For some reason, I just wasn't all that excited about my birthday. You probably think I'm crazy, but I think it's because I was turning 29. I know that isn't "old", but it just feels weird. I'd honestly rather skip 29 and go straight to 30. Maybe my hormones are just crazy right now! Last night I woke up at 3:30 (my usual time) to go to the bathroom. When I got back in bed, I couldn't go back to sleep b/c all I could think about was my birthday and that I was turning 29. Crazy I know! So of course when I woke up I was sad, grouchy and a tad bit emotional.
This birthday morning was a lot different than any other. I left over 10 min. late to work. On my way, my good friend and teammate Michelle called me and her car wouldn't start. I told her I would come get her (took 20 min.) Picked her up, then took Allie to Carmen's. We were 45 min. late to work. Thank goodness for a helpful teammate and understanding office staff. We had grades due today and we had both planned on getting to work early (even if I didn't go pick her up I still would not have been there on time). It was just a crazy morning, but by the time I got to my class my kids were being so sweet and they had brought me gifts! I was shocked. I have never gotten gifts from my kids before for my b-day. They were just the sweetest things and just made my morning. The rest of my day was filled with yummy food (we had a luncheon) and sweet emails from friends and family.
Jarod had sent me a text earlier informing me that I had a gift at the house when I got home. I was a little confused b/c we just got a new TV and that is both of our b-day/x-mas gift this year. When I got home he had picked up the house (disaster b/c I'd been sick all week) and vacuumed the house (aw!). It was the best gift ever! He also took my car to be washed and cleaned and then took me out to dinner. Now I'm just waiting for my Oreo blizzard cake to thaw out so we can eat it. Yum-O!
So all in all, turning 29 wasn't that bad!
*Michelle if you read this, I still think we should have just gone and eaten breakfast instead of going in to work!
Friday, September 25, 2009
THE BIG 29
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Glad you had a great 29th b-day! Sounds like it started off rough but it looks like it ended well. How's the pregnancy going?? pictures please!!! :)
I agree completely!! Next time we'll go to Cafe Brazil for breakfast first =) You'll be glad to know we got a new battery put in today, so hopefully I will be able to make it on my own for awhile!!
I completely understand. I will turn 29 in May and am not looking forward to it. I think it is because then you have a whole year to think about how you are about to be 30.
yay! happy birthday and congrats on your pregnancy!!! I know allie will love having a "real" baby :0)
happy late birthday! what a fun story :)
I'm so glad you had such a fun day! Congrats on joining the 29-club with me!
It's a birthday you won't forget! Great story!
Post a Comment