Saturday, January 3, 2009

2 Weeks of Christmas

The past two weeks have been wonderful. I've really enjoyed my time off with Allie and with Jarod. I have been a bit lazy with blogging and I apologize. The Varner family had a wonderful Christmas and I hope all that read this post did too! I always feel like Christmas is strung out over two weeks. Maybe I feel that way b/c that is how much time I have off from work.

The Sunday before Christmas was spent at my Granny's house with all of my aunts and cousins. It was great seeing everyone and enjoying good food, good company and having a lot of laughs. On that Tuesday, I took Allie to the mall to see Santa. I had no idea how she would respond to him. I took her when she was 8 months old and she loved them. I did not take her last year, because I thought she would scream. I was the child who never had her picture taken with Santa because I screamed the entire time and refused to sit on his lap. She really liked him. She was a little shy at first, but then warmed right up to him.

On Christmas Eve, Allie and I made a gingerbread house and cookies for Santa. Our house did not look like the one on the box. I really didn't care how it looked as long as Allie was having fun. She enjoyed sneaking candy too while she decorated. My parents came over to spend Christmas with us. We opened presents from each other. Allie had a great time. Christmas was so much fun with her this year. She loved everything about it. She also thought every gift was from Santa. She and my mom put reindeer food outside and then we left the cookies that she decorated out for Santa.

On Christmas morning Allie woke up and was very excited that Santa had come to her house. She wasn't quite sure what to do when she saw all of the presents he had left her. I didn't get a lot of good pictures of Christmas morning, but Jarod did capture it all on video. For Christmas lunch/dinner we went to my aunt's in Arlington. My Granny and some of my cousins joined us this year. It was a great time and Allie enjoyed playing with her new toys. My parents stayed with us until Sunday. We just hung out and had some great food and watched a few movies. They also let Jarod and I escape to a movie.

We've spent the last couple of days hanging out and enjoying the nice warm weather. I have enjoyed reading over my break. It doesn't take much for me to get wrapped up in a good book. I read 3 books by Karen Kingsbury (I just love her books). I read the first book of the Twilight series and I'm waiting for the rest of them to come in the mail and I'm currently reading The Shack. It is a very powerful book!

Tonight we will conclude our 2 weeks of Christmas at my parents house with my brother's and their families. Allie is very excited that she will be able to open more presents. Hopefully I will get more pictures tonight. After downloading all of the pictures from my camera, I don't feel like I did a very good job this year.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and a Happy New Year! I can't believe it's 2009! Best wishes to you all in the new year.


Waiting her turn in line.

This was taken with my camera. The one they got was a lot better and she had a great smile.

Telling Santa what she wanted for Christmas.


Decorating the gingerbread house.

Excited to open up presents on Christmas Eve.



This house is from my parents and she loves it.

Christmas morning: Checking out what Santa brought her.

Allie loves anything musical. Santa brought her a blue recorder. She calls it a kazoo.


Me, my Granny and my mom on Christmas Day.


I love my Granny and I'm so grateful I was able to spend Christmas with her twice!

5 comments:

powellsa74 said...

Your gingerbread house looks sooo much better than ours turned out!
Glad to hear you enjoyed your break...get ready for tomorrow!!!

Miranda said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time off! It's so fun that Allie is old enough to enjoy Santa as well!

becky said...

I know you must hate going back to work( my mom does).Glad you had a good time off.

Lindsey Eason said...

Sounds as if you had a magical time with your family. Love the pic of Allie playing the flute! And way to go Jared for completing his first marathon - that is truly an accomplishment he should be proud of!

Anonymous said...

Hi from Ireland, I must send you on some photos of the boys, Allie has grown so much!