We went to San Diego a little over a week ago. We had so much fun and I think we are finally back in our "normal" routine. The time difference had us all a little off for a while but I think everyone is feeling back to normal. Every year Jarod has a transit conference that he attends. One year it was in San Fransisco and this year it was in San Diego. We decided to make it into a vacation and invited my parents to join us. We really had so much fun! I am so glad we all were able to go together. While we were there, we celebrated my dad's 60th birthday. I think it was a b-day to remember.
Allie was such a trooper! I seriously can't believe how well behaved she was. I'm not saying that she didn't have her typical 2 year old moments (b/c believe me she did), but she just went with the flow, like she usually does. She loved seeing the ocean, the beach, all of the animals at the zoo and she loved riding the bus and train. She did really well on the both flights. Having a lot of stickers, crayons and our video ipod with Little Einsteins downloaded on to it helped a lot!
We stayed at a bed and breakfast in Balboa Park called Balboa Inn. If you like traditional hotels, you wouldn't have liked ours. I loved where we stayed. It had lots of character and plenty of room for all of us to fit. Our room was a two bedroom suite and off of our room was a terrace where we could enjoy our breakfast and coffee they brought us every morning.
On the first day we took a ferry to Coronado Island. While we were there we ate and went to the beach. On the 2nd day we went to the zoo for most of the day and then we had a late dinner. On the 3rd day (my dad's b-day) we went to La Jolla, saw the ocean and had an amazing lunch. That night we went and saw some sights in Balboa Park. Balboa Park is huge and absolutely beautiful. On the 4th day we went back to the zoo and that night we went to Seaport Village. We tried to do as much as we could. We even managed to get in naps for Allie which gave us all a little rest too!
Sorry for all of the pictures. I had a hard time choosing! She was so excited to ride in the plane.
On the ferry to Coronado Island
First picture in the zoo
Allie looking for the polar bears.
This is at La Jolla by the ocean. Allie refused to look at the camera for most pictures we took.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Family Vacation: San Diego
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so glad the trip was wonderful. I love all the pictures! We need to get the girls together for a play date one of these weekend. Gabby has been asking about Allie lately - I guess she is going through with drawls after seeing her so much this summer.
It looks like you guys had a great time. Your sweet girl is just so cute!
Sounds like you guys had an awesome trip! I love the pics by the ocean!
What a cutie she is! I am glad ya'll had fun. I am coming to Dallas on Nov 14-17 to see Courtney. Maybe we can all get together.
I am so glad you guys had a great trip! Looks like Allie was a champion traveler! :0) You all are such a beautiful family!
Post a Comment