Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Leadership APTA Program

Jarod got some great news last Friday. He has been selected to participate in the Leadership APTA Program. APTA is the American Public Transportation Association - the primary training and advocacy group for public transportation. This is a great honor for Jarod and a huge stepping stone for his career. He applied last year and did not get in. He didn't think he would ever get in because usually guys his age don't. His boss came to him again this summer and asked for him to reapply. Once again he doubted that he would get in. Only 25 people across the U.S. are chosen. After he applied, God seemed to be opening another door for him in a different career. But we believe that God closed that door and opened a new door for us to follow. I am so excited for him and I know he will learn so much from his year in this program.
I'm so proud of you Jarod!

0 comments: