Friday, July 25, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

Jarod had to go to Austin for work so Allie and I decided to tag along. We went down on Tuesday and came back on Thursday so it was a really quick trip. I'm glad that we were able to go with him b/c usually he goes out of town during the school year and we can't go. Before we left I made sure I had directions on how to get to Barton Springs and Central Market. I knew both places would be great to take Allie so she could play and run off some energy.
Tuesday night we quickly checked into our hotel and then drove to San Marcos to meet our good friend Kevin and his sweet wife Ashley for dinner. Kevin, Jarod and I became friends in college and we hadn't seen him for a few years b/c he was living in Virginia. He is in the secret service and was recently promoted to being an agent and he relocated to San Antonio about a month ago. It was so good to see him and catch up. Hopefully it won't be as long until we see each other again.
We got in pretty late and Allie went to bed sometime after ten. I was so afraid that Jarod would wake her when he got ready in the morning but she never even stirred. She slept until 10:00! While she was sleeping I made a pallet by the bathroom door, drank coffee and read (thanks Miranda for the book; it was a life savor). We were able to eat lunch with Jarod and then she and I went to Barton Springs so we could ride the train and play at the park. Later that day we went back to San Marcos to hit the outlet mall, but rain hit us instead! Usually I love being at the outlet mall, but shopping in the rain isn't a lot of fun.
The next day Allie slept until 10:30 and I read and drank coffee. Our plans were altered by the incoming rain from Hurricane Dolly. We did go to Central Market for lunch but the rain came in before she could play outside. Luckily Jarod called and we headed out of town before the traffic hit.
I'm so glad we were able to get away for a few days as a family but I am so glad to be home!



Allie excited to ride the train.
Allie and mommy on the train.
She loves to slide.
Playing the piano.
I love this picture. This was our last day and we were waiting for Jarod to come get us for lunch. I decided to read the paper and she wanted to read it too!

3 comments:

The Trost's said...

It looks like Allie had fun! Gabby missed Allie at HF last week. She kept asking when Allie was going to come swimming. I told her Allie was in Austin and she corrected me with, "No, Allie in Luville."

powellsa74 said...

I think Kristen's post is too cute!
I liked the picture of Allie reading the newspaper...

Lindy said...

love the pic of allie reading the paper, what a cutie! Glad you got 2 peaceful mornings of coffee and reading, how nice!!!