The Varner Crew (minus Allie): Declan, Jarod, Pearse, Grandpa D, Aunt Vicki, Me
Last week we headed down to Austin for a little vacation with Jarod's dad, aunt and brothers. It was a very busy couple of days but we all had a blast. This was the first time Allie got to meet Jarod's dad (Grandpa D), brothers and aunt. His dad lives in Mexico and is not able to visit very often and his brothers live in Ireland. This was also the first time we were able to meet Jarod's brothers too! Declan and Pearse are such neat boys. I loved listening to them talk. I think they enjoyed having a big brother around for a few days.
While we were there we ate some great food (Chuy's, Romeo's, Central Market, Kirby Lane), went to the lake and hung out at Barton Springs Park. Barton Springs is very neat. We went there the first day and hung out in the picnic and play area (which Allie loved). We also ate great sandwiches and some wonderful fruit from Central Market. The second day we were there we went up Lake Travis where they have a mini water park right on the lake. It was almost like being at a mini resort. Allie had a great time playing in the pool and lake. Jarod, his brother's and dad rode some of the rides. The last day we were there, we went back to Barton Springs for everyone to swim. The water was freezing! Allie only lasted about 10 min. It's a really neat place and everyone looked like they were having fun in the water but it was way too cold for me! We ended our time together with lunch and pictures. I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked but I think I got some good ones. Of course Allie didn't want to cooperate for pictures so she isn't in many of the group pictures we took before we left. We had such a great time and Allie loved her Grandpa D. One of her favorite things to do with him was eat strawberries and she ate a lot! We hope we can all get together again soon!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Trip to Austin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Looks like fun! Heard that you will still be out of town for the luncheon? Sorry to miss you guys!!!
Oh how this blogpost made me miss Austin. I'm so glad y'all had a great time!
Hey Paige,
We added your blog to our page!
:-) Dana
Post a Comment