Sunday, April 6, 2008

Texas Bluebonnets

I absolutely love Texas Bluebonnets! I remember when I moved to Texas (I was 14), I fell in love them. It's so pretty to see them on the side of the road when you are driving. I never had my picture taken in them, but I remember seeing families having their pictures taken in them. I decided a long time ago that if I lived in Texas I would take my children to have their pictures taken in the bluebonnets. Last year we found a great place so we decided to go to the same place this year. Well this time there wasn't any there! So we had to go to Plan B. When I went to Kroger the other day, I saw some on the side of the road. It wasn't the most ideal place to take pictures, but there was enough for us to get some good shots. We got several sweet pictures of Allie but I decided not to bore everyone with all of them. Here are just a few of them.




Yes, all you Texans, she is holding one! (I say that b/c at one point you weren't allowed to pick them b/c they are the state flower, not sure if that is still true or not) We had a hard time getting her not to pick them. She is used to picking dandelions and thought it was okay.



Love this close up! She just looks like a sweet little girl! I can't believe she will be two in 11 days! She has changed so much in a year. This time last year she barely had any hair and the hair she had stuck straight up like a feather!

8 comments:

Kim said...

How sweet! She is so beautiful.

I think it is illegal to pick them, but I don't think you get in trouble if you are that cute!

Miranda said...

She is too cute! Oh...if NKOTB come to town, we are so going!

The Trost's said...

Allie is so photogenic! I need to locate some bluebonnets for pictures also - great idea.

JT said...

Sweet, beautiful girl! I love bluebonnet pics. We missed you guys tonight. Hopefully, Hannah will be 100% soon!

Morgan Holt said...

Little Miss Allie is about to have a birthday! YEA! She's so cute with her sweet poses for the camera. You'll just love her two year old stage. So...when's the party??? :)

Emily K Adams said...

Love those pictures! Her hair is really long..it's amazing how fast they change so much.

Lindy said...

Hey Paige! Your little girl is so precious! I love the pictures in blue bonnets, what a Texas girl! hope you all are doing well! Lindy Logan Carr

powellsa74 said...

I love the pics in the bluebonnets!
How precious!
Sarah