Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Allie

Wow! I can't believe that Allie is two years old. I have to say that I have been a little weepy about it lately. There is just something about your child turning two. It's hard to explain. Allie is a constant joy in our lives. She continuously amazes us everyday with new things she has learned or new things she has to say. I am amazed how verbal she has become within the last couple of months. She is very observant and inquisitive of her surroundings. Her newest trick is asking for one parent when the other is getting on to her. Man she learned that fast. She is very dramatic and has "fake crying" down pat. She likes to ask us what things are and takes our answer and puts it into her own sentence. She thinks she is a "big girl" and wants to do everything on her own, but if she needs help she is not afraid to ask for it. She gives the best hugs and kisses and is the funniest kid I know. Jarod and I are truly blessed to have her for a daughter. Words can't express the love and joy she brings us daily. We look forward to the next phase of her life and I'm sure she will be turning 3 before we know it!

Things she likes to do at 2: play outside (pitches big fits when we leave the park or Carmen's house), sing any song she has ever been taught and occasionally tells me not to sing with her, dance parties in the kitchen, playing with her baby dolls, playing with her cars, and helping Carmen take care of the babies.

She has her two year check up next week and her birthday party is Saturday afternoon with my family.

At the bottom of the post are pictures of Allie when she first born. It was such an exciting time for us. I was very lucky to have such an easy pregnancy, labor and delivery. If you ever need to hear a "good" story just ask me.



Allie eating her birthday cupcake today at Carmen's. She definitely knows what cake is now!


Allie helping decorate cupcakes.


Yum-O!

First family picture taken at our house. I can't believe how tiny she is.


This picture was taken the day after she was born. She still sleeps with that hippo, but prefers Care Bear.


What a sweetie! I'm amazed how she looks nothing like this now. When she was born she had darker skin than she does now and she had brown hair. The blanket that is wrapped around her was my baby blanket and it is her favorite blanket now!

8 comments:

Morgan Holt said...

AWWW...don't they grow up so fast?!? It's amazing! There are days that I "wish" their life away hoping for an easier day but it's hard when you know that they'll never be that small again. The 2year old stage is crazy! I'm amazed that Emmersen will be 3 in a couple of months. TIME FLIES! Enjoy her because she'll definitely crack you up. OH....and start watching what you say because they will pick it up and then blurt it out to you one day. Once it comes out of their mouth, you wonder why you even said that. :) Hope you have a great Saturday at the birthday party! Happy Birthday Allie!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Allie!!!
What a special time!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, allie! i can't believe she's two....it's been fun watching her grow.

love-
courtney

Miranda said...

Happy Birthday Allie! You are such a sweet, precious girl!

The Trost's said...

Oh how they change so much in such a short amount of time. I hope Allie enjoys her party today - especially now that she gets to eat cake!

Hayley said...

Happy Birthday Allie! Hope she had a fun party!
-Hayley Eoff

Emily K Adams said...

So sweet! Such a big girl. Abigail has that exact same hippo!! But she prefers "lamby"!Allie is truly such a sweet little girl and ya'll should be very proud.

Amy Lauren said...

How sweet! She is such a cutie! I love looking back at pictures, its so sad how fast they grow up! Happy birthday Allie!!!