On Sunday, my parents, Allie and I braved the cold and rainy weather to watch Jarod cross the finish line of his first 1/2 marathon. I am so proud of him! I am at home every Saturday when he runs his "long run", but it never really hit me how big of an accomplishment this was until this race. Since the weather was so nasty, we weren't there very long but I did get to see him cross the finish line (I didn't see him in the Turkey Trot). I tried to yell out his name, but my voice is hoarse and it didn't come out very well. He usually runs the 1/2 (at home) in a little over 2 hrs and he finished this time in under 2 hrs. Wow! It's amazing to me how many people can run that long. I just wish the weather would have been nicer for the runners
Jarod after he finished the race.
I was very happy to see him and to find him! It took us a while to find him at the Turkey Trot. This time we had a better game plan.
The day before this picture it was 80 degrees and Allie was in short sleeves and shorts! Gotta love Texas weather.
2 comments:
What an accomplishment! Non runners have much respect for those who run.
Wow - GO Jared!! Give him a big congrats from our family - that is SO impressive!!! He's inspiring me....slowly but surely!
Post a Comment