Sunday, August 12, 2007

7 Days and Counting

Well, in 7 days I will no longer be a stay at home mom. Every night I go to bed and I think, "one less day with Allie". I have truly enjoyed being home with her all summer. She is at the age (almost 16 months) where she makes us belly laugh. Her personality is coming out and it keeps us on our toes. We are never sure what she has in store for us!

I watched a movie on TNT the other day about Ron Clark, a teacher played by Matthew Perry. I think it came out last fall, but I never had the opportunity to watch it. He was a teacher in Harlem, New York. After watching the movie, I realized why I was in teaching. I may not teach in Harlem, but I work with kids who struggle and do not have great opportunities in life. I hope that this school year I am able to make a difference in at least one of my student's life.

Although, I love being at home with Allie and I dread next Monday, I know that God wants me in the lives of the 6 year olds that will grace my presence on August 27th.

*Oh by the way, I get to hear Ron Clark speak at our districts General Assembly next week. Isn't that ironic?

0 comments: