I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year. Jarod and Allie surprised me with beautiful tulips and a gift card to get a mani/pedi the night before. We are not good about waiting to give gifts in our family! Allie also made me a "story" of our family. It was quite hilarious and I will forever cherish it.
I am very fortunate that I get to spend every Mother's Day with my own mother. I love that she lives so close. We spent the day in Arlington with my family. We went to church with them, then out to eat and then we relaxed at my parent's place for a while because Jack had to eat. Then we went and spent a little time with my Granny at her nursing home. This was the first year that she was not with us at my aunt's house. She had gallbladder surgery in March and ever since then she has not been doing well. It was very hard to see her look so weak, but her face lit up when she saw her grand kids and great grand kids. She also got to meet Jack for the first time. I am looking forward to the 23rd of May b/c we will go and celebrate her 88th birthday. I hope to get some good pictures then!
I hope every mother out there had a wonderful Mother's Day. I am truly blessed to be raising two of God's children.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Mother's Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment