Monday, February 15, 2010

In Honor of the Winter Olympics

I am not a huge fan of the Winter Olympics, but I am a little more interested in them this time because we have actually been to where they are being held. This summer, Jarod went to Vancouver for work and I was able to join him for about 5 days. For some reason, I failed to ever put pictures of trip on here so I thought I would share a few now. I fell in love with Vancouver. It is a beautiful city and there was so much to do. I don't feel like I did a great job of choosing pictures to share but it really is gorgeous. We ate a lot of yummy food, drank great coffee, enjoyed tourist attractions, kayaked and on our last day we rented a car and drove up to Whistler. The drive was breathtaking and Whistler is gorgeous. It was actually pretty hot that day and the pictures do not do it justice. We were able to go to the top of two of the mountains there. It was amazing being surrounded by God's creation.
As we have watched the Olympics, we have seen a lot of places that we have been too. It is hard to tell where everything is in Whistler because they have added so many things (besides tons of snow!) since we were there in July.

This is us on top of one of the mountains. I have no idea which one!

View from the chair lift up to the mountain (we saw black bears while we were going up).


Another mountaintop picture



In the Gondola on our way to the 2nd mountain. A family of 4 was with us and we got stuck mid air for 5 min. It was a little scary when we were swaying in the wind!

This picture was actually taken on the drive to Whistler.



Vancouver

Downtown Vancouver is behind us
*On a side note, it is really weird for me to see pictures of myself and I don't have a huge belly out in front of me (Will I ever look like this again? Hard to imagine). I also realized that I was pregnant when we were on this trip. Got home and took a test two days later! It was a very happy ending to a very fun trip.

1 comments:

Lindy said...

Paige, what awesome pictures!!! This sounds crazy, but now that I have 3 kids, I really treasure the pictures of just me and Travis, because EVERY pic we have is of the kids! You guys make the cutest couple ;0) I loved catching up about you and baby jack, I know you can't wait to see him!!!