We had a great time in Big Sky, Montana. It was absolutely gorgeous and the temps were not that bad. We just bundled up and we were good to go. It snowed a little every day we were there. We were there for 6 days (warning lots of pictures!). For me, 6 days was a little too long to be gone( there wasn't a lot for me to do). It was a very small ski village but great for skiers. The one bad thing was that we got back after midnight last Sunday and I had to go to work the next morning.
I think everyone had a great time. My favorite part was night time b/c that is when we were all together. Most days, Allie and I ate breakfast together around 9, played a couple of games, went swimming, watched a movie and then met everyone for lunch. We would attempt a nap in the late afternoon, but usually we didn't fall asleep. Around 5 we would all meet in the main common room and play games and drink hot chocolate. Then we would go find somewhere to eat.
Allie and Jarod both took skiing lessons. Allie only took it once. She liked it okay, but we didn't feel like it was worth our money this time to continue with lessons. I think she was still a little too young. She had a good time making snow angels and eating snow. Jarod really enjoyed skiing and had really improved by the last day. He did take one day off so I could get a massage. It was one of the most wonderful things ever! I was having a really hard time with leg cramps and achy legs and I slept great that night.
On New Year's Day, Jarod's dad broke his leg on his last run for the day. He had to stay in Montana and have surgery. We found out yesterday that he will have to stay there for at least 2 weeks for therapy.
We are so thankful we were able to spend time with Jarod's family. We are looking forward to seeing them again this summer. I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Big Sky Montana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It looks like you had a great trip! I am so sorry about Jarod's dad's leg breaking. Is his mom still there with him?
Your belly picture is adorable! I am so glad you had a good time, but am sorry to hear about Jarod's dad. How are things with him now?
montana looked gorgeous! glad y'all had a good trip minus the part about jarod's dad breaking his leg. love the belly pic!
Gorgeous!!! You and the white mountains!!!
omigoodness - u r adorable! Your belly shot made me smile...who wouldv'e thought back in the dorm days we'd have this incredible life aheasd of us filled w/ adorable children?! glad ya'll had a good vacation, but SO sorry to hear a/b Jared's dad....y'ouch! Hope he makes a full recovery!
Looks like fun! Cute belly:)
Post a Comment