Monday, January 21, 2008

Tee Tee in the Potty!!!

Well it was suggested to us in October that we should buy Allie a potty and start introducing it to her. Well, of course I waited until after Christmas to buy her one. I researched potty chairs on Babies R Us and Target and the potty in the picture got the best reviews. It's really basic, but everyone that wrote a review (about 30 on each site) loved this one. Allie's is hot pink and she loved it from the moment I brought it in. She likes to sit on it when I go to the bathroom and for the last week we've put her on it before she takes a bath. Well tonight I was getting her ready for her bath and I told her that she was going to sit on the potty before she got in the bath. She said, "tee tee in potty" and I said yes. She ran to the bathroom and I put her on the potty and next thing we knew she went tee tee. Jarod and I were both so excited and amazed at the same time. As soon as she was finished she got up and was ready to get in the bath. We kept telling her how proud we were of her and she smiled and looked at us like we were crazy!

This may have been a fluke thing, but we were very excited. It was just another example of how big our little girl is getting. Hopefully she will start to get the hang of it. I wasn't planning on potty training her officially until this summer when I'm out of school. Who knows, she may need it earlier.

6 comments:

Lindsey Eason said...

Yay for Allie!! That's very impressive that she did it on the first try - you have one smart cookie on your hands! :) I just read your previous post and am sorry to hear that your knees are giving you so much trouble. I hope you're able to figure out a solution soon! Also sorry to hear that your work load has been so consuming....I've heard so many teachers say that recently! Hope you're able to find more of a balance this semester!

Kevin and Laura said...

I'm glad you are posting again! Allie is so cute and I'm glad that she is excited about the potty. Potty training is hard work, but rewarding and I hear from many people that girls are easier than boys so lucky you!

Emily K Adams said...

Hooray!! Huge deal:) Abigai's got a potty too that were just letting her play around, but I she's pretty interested in it. Allie will be a good influence on her:)

Kim said...

Yay for tee tee! That is too funny that her potty is bright pink. :-)

Julie said...

Ok this has nothing to do with this post and I AM NOT HITTING ON YOUR HUSBAND but you have to tell him HE LOOKS GREAT!

Miranda said...

Yea Allie!