Saturday, January 7, 2012

Tenery Christmas

 We had a wonderful Christmas with my family this year. I decided to put a kink in the holiday by having surgery on my tailor's bunion 3 days before Christmas.  I had everything ready well before Christmas, but it was still stinky to not be able to do fun with my kids and family.  
We had Christmas Eve brunch at my parents house. We had lots of yummy food and I'm sure there were good conversations, but my pain killers made me feel real out of it.  I'm pretty sure I slipped in and out of consciousness for the first few days! The kids loved opening gifts.  Jack was so funny, every time he opened a gift he said, "Wow!" It was so cute.  My siblings and I surprised my parents with a new tv for their bedroom.  They were both shocked, excited and over joyed. 
We had Christmas morning at our house...some how I managed to make muffins for the morning (I couldn't handle not having something baked for xmas morning). Allie was so excited to see Santa had brought her a couple of things she asked for and a few surprises. She also loved seeing that he left her a note and ate her cookies.  Jack wasn't quite sure what to think of everything. He even threw a little fit. Next year I know he will enjoy it so much more. After we cleaned up and packed, we headed over to spend a few days at my brother's house. We had an unconditional Mexican feast for lunch. We also had a love of yummy desserts. We were so blessed to be able to be together as a family. I think the grown ups enjoyed playing a couple of late night domino games...Greer, being the oldest got to stay up and play too! The younger kids had a great time playing together. They are so blessed to get a long so well! 


 Karlie and Greer opening gifts at Mimi and Poppy's

 Allie was really excited to get the Smurfs movie from Uncle Chad



 The kids gifts from Santa

 Allie was so excited to see her Rapunzel doll...she asked Santa for 1 week before X-mas:)

 Jack loved his CARS slippers


 Jack loved his new broom...he also got a vacuum cleaner and a mower (he likes to be helpful)

 Classic morning fit from Jack

 Allie's new shades

 We gave Jack a Little Tykes Car...he loves it!

This is the only good picture I got of the cousins...I usually take all of the pictures but not being able to get up real well made it more difficult.

0 comments: